Ratings for Dr. George Thomas Keith

He was the Critical Care Pulmonologist following my father while in the ICU. He demonstrated a poor bedside manner. He never once examined my father while in the ICU. He did not share results of studies such as CT scans or chest x-rays. I requested to meet with him to discuss my father's case and prognosis. He did not express any interest in my father's status and really did not seem interested in answering any of my questions. I expect more from a Physician who cares for the critically ill and I would not recommend him to my friends or family.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Keith's since he opened his first office on Long Point. Throughout the years he has saved both of my parents from death, my Mom with pneumonia and my Dad with heart and lung problems. I am happy to say my parents are now 83 years old, doing great and still seeing Dr. Keith. I have COPD and was rapidly becoming worse, he suggested some blood work that confirmed I have a rare blood disease, Alpha 1 that I inherited from both sides of my family. Dr. Keith immediately recommended me to an Alpha 1 Advocate and the next thing I know I am having a nurse come to my home to administer infusions on a weekly basis to prolong my disease from spreading. I have never felt this good in a long time. He is my family's guardian angel and we all recommend him to everyone we know. He's one of the best Dr.'s I've ever had.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

No knowledge on how to treat post-polio patients. Would not listen to Primary Care Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

seemed as if he had better things to do. stayed across the room, so i am not sure if he could even hear me. got samples, nice. front staff was uninformed of how long the wait would be. had 2 interruptions while in my 10 minute appt.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Didn't do much more for me than my pcp did. Gave me some free samples of meds I needed & used, got in touch w/me quickly re follow-up test (earlier test had been suspicious)and prescribed a nebulizer. But, on the overall, I was absolutely no better off after seeing him. Rather frustrated with the lack of insight or knowledge. Repeatedly asked if I smoked - I've never smoked - became annoying. A very long wait - staff tried to get me to leave and come back another time or wait to see other doctor. Just never had a feeling of a really competent arrangement. An older gentleman so I assume he has a lot of experience.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2006

Dr. George Thomas Keith's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)