Ratings for Dr. John T. Burns

Waited for 1 hour 15 minutes as a new patient. Decided to leave without being seen because I have good insurance and can shop around. Office Manager was very insulting, rude and screamed at me about my BCBS insurance and unwillingness to pay cash. Who would pay cash if they have good, expensive insurance?

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Only interested in money. Receptionist took ins info (card) and told me I owed a unreasonable amount of money they gave the ins a bunch of codes for services that they wanted to do without even looking at my injury. I would not recommend this dr if my life depended on it, before going to him call your ins provider first.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Horrible doctor. Cancelled my 3rd appt a week before and his reason was because he didn't think I was following his instructions! He hadn't seen me in 2 weeks and had no proof or reason to do it. Funny thing is that I was following everything. Including going to an infectious disease doctor because he didn't like that my scar was red.....it was from 6 stitches directly over the large middle knuckle on my ring finger. When you move your finger it turns red! And he wanted me to squeeze a stress ball as much as i could to increase movement. Horrible doctor that only likes patients that he can cut on and get money from I guess.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Burns is tops. His skills are considerably above average. His gentle "laid back" personality makes you feel comfortable and helps calm you down when your scared and in a lot of pain. Having been his patient for three separate medical situations, one very critical, I have not one negative thing to say about him. The one critical emergency I was taken to a ER after a skill saw rotory bolt broke sending the spinning blade flying through my hand. It mangle one horribly and cut the other 2 in pieces. The ER doctor said at least would have to be amputated and the other could be fixed, but don't expect it to function well. He had done a CT surgery not long before, so we called him. After hours, on a friday, and during a storm. His response was, I'm on my way, don't let them touch it. He is a true puzzle master, fixing them so well they even on close inspection only the one show signs of a major injury and there is not only full use and function of all, but also full feeling.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr. John T. Burns's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1968)