Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Kim

Very very nice and compassionate he is for the patient and loves his job!!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

attentive. Compassionate. Professional. An outstanding doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Worst experience with the doctor's office as well as the surgery. Dr.Kim never explained about the procedures and the risk spine surgery and just said it would be better after the surgery. However it actually got worse and I am still suffering and can't even walk. The receptionist lady (Crystal) is very rude and messed up the appointment schedule. I would not recommend Dr. Kim to anyone I know.

Submitted August 12, 2014

I had a great experience ..I had a neck fusion for 3 bulging disks in my neck(I will not lie this has been my hardest recover) but I was falling into walls, whole body was spasming before my surgery..I have range of motion in my neck, I have no more weakness in my legs and a lot of my numbness in my arms/fingers is gone ..dr kim has compassion and listens and of course skill

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I had Dr. Kim fill in for Dr. Duma to put in a VP shunt after I got hydrocephalus from meningitis. A miss-communication between the two doctors resulted in Dr. Kim preforming the wrong procedure, allowing the shunt tube to rest on my spinal cord, immediately causing double vision and nausea. I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks before they figured out what had gone wrong. It's long story, but I was unable to file for malpractice because of the timeline they gave me for my double vision to clear (I trusted them), and because I was so sick for so long. I was supposed to have 1 surgery with Dr. Duma, I'm having my 11th in 4 years this month (an LP shunt revision). I have PTSD from my time and surgeries with these two doctors, and how they underplayed my health and treated me as a patient. Even typing this now makes me feel nauseous. I would not recommend them if you have Chiari Malformation. Neither of them know enough about it and you deserve a surgeon who does, and really hears your concerns.

Submitted June 27, 2014

I was so impressed by Dr. Kim's ability to actually listen to my issues regarding failed spine surgeries. I had pain from day one after the last one, and the surgeon and 3 more turfed me. Dr. Kim listened, went in surgically and found that I was right to complain of pain. I was allergic to the metal put in my spine, the tissues around the screws was dead and the screws loose. I was in trouble and he heard me. I will always be grateful for his care and kindness.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Excellent surgeon. He was informative, patient when I had questions, and truly cared about me. My surgery was successful and saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I have been taking my Dad to Dr. Kim; he performed the surgery for his VP shunt. My Dad says he is a new man, and got a really excellent result. Dr. Kim came highly recommended, and we have been very happy with the care in his office, both for scheduling and his RNP. Thank you to the entire office!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Submitted January 12, 2013

I went to HOAG hospital for VP shunt failure. I was told that I would be seen by Dr. Kim. 6 hours later his NP came by to adjust my shunt. I never even saw Dr. Kim. How can a Dr. diagnose a case via telephone. His treatment (completed by his NP) was to adjust the pressure on my shunt and come back in a month. They never took the time to check the actual pressure or check to see if the shunt was flowing. these are the most basic tests that any resident should have performed.

Submitted April 6, 2012

Dr. Richard B. Kim's Credentials

• Russian

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Multiplan