Ratings for Dr. Mark Stolar

I am a registered nurse, although I haven't worked in that capacity for years. Dr. Stolar is truly exceptional. He is attentive, helpful when you have trouble describing your medical attention, patient, and takes all the time you need to talk about your health issues. Sure, he is busy, but let me tell you if you think he is not the best, you haven't been to see another physician for comparison. I would NEVER change doctors. We live an international lifestyle, and if we have had serious health issues overseas, he was more than willing to try to tell us if the recommendations given under socialized medicine where on target. Thank God for Northwestern and Mark Stolar.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Saved my life!! Knew what I needed to get better after seeing tons of doctors he was the only one to figure it out!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Stolar's for more than 10 years. I have always been happy with the office visits I have had. Very nice and personable guy. Treats you like a human being. Unlike many other doctors, I feel that he listens to what you are saying and actually cares about the outcome. Northwestern Internists is a very busy practice and to schedule routine visits you should plan far ahead. Other than that I am always amazed at how quickly I get test results and when you call they always return your phone call. Usually follow up calls are done through the nurse but that seems pretty standard - I wouldn't expect the dr to call me himself with routine instructions. I highly recommend Dr. Stolar.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Dr.Stolar is an excellent doctor, superb diagnostician -treats you with respect and truly cares aout your well being. I am thankful to have found Dr Stolar.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

This is the very best doctor ANYONE could have. He is very personable, caring and full of knowledge. His staff remembers you and are prompt with check-in. I have only waited once in 5 years for 10 minutes to see him. Dr. Stolar is someone everyone should know! I thank God for his desire to serve his patients with honor, respect, dignity and care.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Absolutely the best! He always pays attention, and without waisting time makes you feel you are the only patient he has. Both my husband and I , trust him and would not change him for anyone else. Smart, professional, funny, sweet, personable. The Best!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

After trying a few other doctors for my problems with polycystic ovarian syndrome finding Dr. Stolar in "Best Doctors of America" (book no longer published) was like finding a miracle cure. He knew exactly what I needed. I always feel he has a reasonable/moderate approach to my healthcare issues. He is very smart and diagnosis problems quickly. I had to switch doctors because I moved away and it became inconvenient to get into Chicago. I have been very disappointed with any other doctors that I have found because Dr. Stolar has become my "Gold Standard" for doctors. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I have a variety of health problems which makes my situation complicated. Dr. Stolar has shown himself to be a fantastic diagnostician. He is busy, true, but I have felt he has always listened to me, answered all my questions and that he cares about my health. Out of perhaps ten times, only two times have I had to see someone else. These are last-minute walk-in or same-day appts. I have seen him for over ten years and won't change him as my primary doctor. It is scary to be sick and his demeaner always helps me feel calmer and hopeful.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Mark Stolar is absolutely excellent. Personable, smart and caring. He has been my physician for over 10 years and will be until my death. I believe in him because he does his best for his patients.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

Dr. Stolar is a nice man, but extremely busy. He spends very little time with you. I do think he is knowlegable, but does not listen to the patient's concerns. He has never spent more than 10 minutes with me. He just writes a script or orders a blood test and that's it. Also, he does not return phone calls. It is a nurse and so you have to speak through her to him which can cause problems when the nurse does not understand your medical condition.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr. Mark Stolar's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1979)