Ratings for Dr. David E. Rivadeneira

On December 2, 2017 my 83 year old father underwent a laparoscopic right hemicolectomy performed by Dr. Rivadeneira for a very large tumor in his colon. My dad is a relatively healthy man for his age. Prior to surgery we met with Dr. Rivadeneira and had conversation about what to expect during Dad's hospital stay and regarding the post op period. Dr. Rivadeneira explained very thoroughly what to expect and answered all our questions in specific clear detail. My father will be eight weeks post op this Saturday January 27, 2018. Dad is healing well, cooking breakfast, getting out to dinner, goes up and down stairs, visits his grandchildren and will be celebrating his 84th birthday next month. We can not thank Dr. Rivadeneira enough for all his surgical expertise, care and concern.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira gave me my life back! After having hernia surgery performed by another surgeon in August of 2017, within a few days the hernia was back. And it was four times the size it was originally. I was miserable and in constant pain. I was referred to Dr. Rivadeneira, as he is an expert in this procedure, for laparoscopic repair of a recurrent hernia. I could not be happier with the results! Having been so nervous about getting the procedure done again, considering what happened the first time, I was less than confident I would be “fixed” when all was said and done. But now, 4 weeks after the procedure, I am back to my old self and can even begin to return to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I cannot recommend this surgeon highly enough! Totally restored my quality of life, and my confidence in surgeons. Dr. Rivadeneira, you are amazing!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira is great. His explanation of what i needed was thorough. he recommended that i get a second opinion, which I did. That doctor confirmed everything that Dr Rivadeneira said. Also, the second opinion doctor said that if i were his patient, that he would refer me to Dr. Rivadeneira. Because " he is the guru for this type of procedure ."

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira performed colon resection surgery on me Oct. 11, 2017. He explained the procedure in detail prior to the surgery and also what to expect during the recovery period. I would highly recommend Dr. Rivadeneira to anyone who needs a gifted, compassionate surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira performed my husband's colon surgery and did an exceptional job. We found Dr. Rivadeneira to be an excellent and compassionate surgeon. My husband and I will recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira is an outstanding doctor and gifted surgeon. He greets everyone like old friends, always with a smile. He is an excellent diagnostician and explains medical conditions thoroughly in layman's terms. I have a family history of colon cancer and needed to get checked. An attempt at a colonoscopy failed because I had a stricture in my colon. I was asymptomatic! A follow-up with a virtual CT scan showed extensive scarring from diverticulitis and a stricture that needed to be removed. I needed to have the surgery relatively soon or risk major emergency exploratory surgery for a blockage. I underwent a resection of my colon, the first major surgery I had ever experienced. I went into surgery with complete confidence in Dr. Rivadeneira and his team and a thorough understanding of the best and worst case scenarios. The surgery was done laparoscopically and robotically! Considering the extent of the surgery, the level of discomfort was very bearable, without any heavy-duty pain medication. All went very well and my recovery was remarkably fast with minimal discomfort. I recommend Dr. Rivadeneira very highly and will continue to schedule future "wellness exams" with him. I have complete trust in his knowledge, experience and advice.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I am a recent satisfied patient (50+ year old woman/colon re-section surgery 08/2017 @ Huntington Hospital). The Dr. will put you at ease at the surgical consult. Knowledge is power: and he gives it to you. You understand why you are there/what is going to happen and what to expect. No surprises. The only unknown for me was how was I going to recuperate. Holy cow, I was worried about nothing. I was fine by myself at home within days of discharge. The first few days @ home I needed a hand up out of the chair and it was tricky getting out of bed. Other than that: I took it slow and steady. I am now 2 months post surgery and I could almost forget that I had it done, except when someone asks how I am doing or I am looking down at my healing scars. Don't worry or delay: if you need the surgery, get it done and get it done by Dr. Rivadeneira.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira probably saved my mom's life. After an unsuccessful operation by a different surgeon, Dr. Rivadeneira recommended another surgery. Within two days after the surgery my mom was in less pain then she had been in months. The surgery was a total success. I am convinced that if my mom had to live with the constant pain she would not have survived much longer. He is not only a great surgeon but a nice person with a calm and friendly bedside manner. He is a superstar!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

After being diagnosed with colon cancer I consulted with 4 surgeons. Dr. Rivadeneira was my choice for a number of reasons including 2 recommendations from different hospital staff members who needed his surgical skills and a recommendation from a top oncologist who is the head of his company. Dr. Rivadeneira was very thorough with his explanation of my condition, best treatment path and what to expect before, during and after surgery. He went over every detail in a way that was easily understood. You could tell he loved his profession and was always in a great mood. With multiple office location it was easy to schedule and get appointments without waiting. His office staff and PA were also on point and professional. The colon resection surgery went perfectly on August 3rd and I was home on the 6th. There were no complications during or after surgery and finished my final follow up September 26th. I would not even think of using anyone else for me or my family than Dr. Rivadeneira.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira performed a colon resection on my husband who had colon cancer. He was very informative, and very sweet and gentle too. He explained what he would be doing and put our minds at ease. After the surgery he came to see me and my family while we were in the waiting room to let us know all had gone well. This was 5 years ago, and my husband is still cancer free and feeling good. We loved Dr. Rivadeneira's "bedside" manner, it was awesome.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. David E. Rivadeneira's Credentials

• Howard Med school (Grad. 1995)