Ratings for Dr. David E. Rivadeneira

Can't say enough good things about Dr. Rivadeneira. He is highly skilled, kind and caring, listens to his patients and has an excellent bedside manner. I only wish I had been in his care earlier.   After experiencing years of increasingly debilitating gastric problems, Dr. Rivadineira’s diagnosis and surgical intervention led to my complete recovery and restoration of the well-being I had thought was lost forever. I highly recommend this exceptionally gifted doctor.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira saved my life! Had my colon removed and I felt comfortable and positive throughout the entire time leading up to and after surgeries. When I went in for my consultation, he explained the entire procedure to me and was extremely sincere, compassionate and PATIENT. He did two surgeries on me, with no complications. Very professional, intelligent and very handsome too lol. Dr. Rivadeneira explained my recovery clearly and again was very patient. Great surgeon! His staff is also very compassionate and patient. My calls were returned right away after office hours and office visits were always easy with no long wait, caring front desk and nurses, and Dr. Rivadeneira was again patient, never rushing and compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira performed a procedure on me called Rubber Band Ligation to eliminate internal hemorrhoids. My treatment took several visits (about 6) over the course of 8 months or so. Dr. Rivadeneira has a great manor, is pleasant and polite and always describes the procedure and expectations at every visit. The application of the rubber bands is uncomfortable, but not painful. I had no painful side effects after each procedure and went right back to my active lifestyle (gym, hiking, yoga) with no interruption.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

Being a person who reads EVERYTHING I can get my hands on before choosing a doctor, please know that I do not take writing this review lightly. When I went for my first colonoscopy, I NEVER in a million years thought that I would hear the word “cancer” when I woke up. My world was turned upside down…what do I do next??? After the doctor who did my colonoscopy, made his recommendations, all of which were “okay”, I did my homework. When you continually see FIVE stars after a doctor’s name, you dig in!! I read hundreds of reviews that stated things like this: "Dr. Rivadeneira is the ultimate professional and a highly skilled surgeon. The BEST!!!" "Dr Rivadenaria is a wonderful, warm persona and made me feel that I was in good hands for an upcoming surgery." "Dr Rivadeneyra has always taking the time to discuss my health issues, gave guidance & discuss future health options - Dr is in my opinion, the finest health professional I have had dealings with - he is extremely knowledgeable & caring" "Dr. Rivadeneira is a highly competent and very compassionate physician, also a good, caring person." "Came very highly recommended - I can see why! Outstanding!" "Dr. Rivadeneira and his team saved my mother’s life 4 years ago." "Best there is. Could not ask for more or better." I bookmarked his name on my computer to show my husband, who was also researching colorectal specialist for me. I was feeling this was the doctor for me and he agreed. At the same time, my best friend told me her nephew had a colorectal doctor who was the BEST & asked me to talk to him before I made any decisions on what doctor I would go to. I did, and I must tell you I was NOT surprised when he told me his doctor was Dr. David Rivadeneira. I went to my first appointment with Dr. Rivadeneira on July 11, 2018. He explained everything to me in great detail, right down to the diagram of what needed to be done for me to be healthy again. He explained where the tumor was, what needed to be done, the actual procedure of the operation, risks, benefits, what I could expect in the hospital & what I could expect with my recuperation. I had so many questions & he assured me there were no question too silly to ask. I was worried about needing a colostomy bag, which he assured me I wouldn’t. He even suggested I get another opinion if I wanted to. What made my decision final was when he told me “this is what I do”. I left there knowing that this definitely the doctor I would be using. I had my surgery on July 19, 2018. My entire experience was exactly what he told me I could expect. His team of doctors that also visited me in the hospital were just as exceptional as him. His office staff is very courteous, kind & helpful. They were all very pleasant & offered any assistance I might need. I was blessed to have Shawnee as my PA when I went home. She stayed in constant contact with me to see how I was progressing. She also answered all of my crazy questions & concerns. So, in a nutshell…don’t look any further, you have arrived at the BEST of the BEST. Check him out, you will be happy you did! http://www.drdavidrivadeneira.com

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

. Dr Rivadeneira has a calm, patient bedside manner, explains and answers all questions in an understandable way. I recovered from a colon resection much quicker than I expected and at week 3 was eating a regular diet, walking, driving , and resuming all activities, and I’m in my 70’s!! Have no hesitation in choosing him as your surgeon. He’s the best!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

He is so easy to work with. He is compassionate, kind, and understanding.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira was brilliant, handling what was supposed to be a routine laproscopic surgery to remove a small carceniod tumor which turned out to be much larger. He not only kept the surgery laproscopic without requiring a colostomy bag, but he also sent several lymph nodes and some "spots" to be biopsied, which resulted in the discovery of some ovarian cancer cells which had not yet spread to any organs. Thank you, thank you for finding this at Stage 1. The recovery has been slow, but you said it would be, and that all my feelings were normal.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira was awesome he put me at ease and correct my problem.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I suffered with severe prolapsed hemorrhoids for years before seeing Dr. Rivadeneira. At first we tried banding, and when that didn't work he recommended surgery. I read so many horror stories online, but it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting, and I had a severe case. Throughout Dr. Rivadeneira and his staff were very supportive. I am now fully healthy and recovered, the surgery was 100% successful and I feel better than I have in years and have my quality of life back.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira performed my surgery about a month ago. All my previous issues that dealt with for a decade are like a bad dream. I didn’t know it was fixable.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. David E. Rivadeneira's Credentials

• Howard Med school (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company