Ratings for Dr. David E. Rivadeneira

Dr. Rivadeneira is an outstanding doctor and gifted surgeon. He greets everyone like old friends, always with a smile. He is an excellent diagnostician and explains medical conditions thoroughly in layman's terms. I have a family history of colon cancer and needed to get checked. An attempt at a colonoscopy failed because I had a stricture in my colon. I was asymptomatic! A follow-up with a virtual CT scan showed extensive scarring from diverticulitis and a stricture that needed to be removed. I needed to have the surgery relatively soon or risk major emergency exploratory surgery for a blockage. I underwent a resection of my colon, the first major surgery I had ever experienced. I went into surgery with complete confidence in Dr. Rivadeneira and his team and a thorough understanding of the best and worst case scenarios. The surgery was done laparoscopically and robotically! Considering the extent of the surgery, the level of discomfort was very bearable, without any heavy-duty pain medication. All went very well and my recovery was remarkably fast with minimal discomfort. I recommend Dr. Rivadeneira very highly and will continue to schedule future "wellness exams" with him. I have complete trust in his knowledge, experience and advice.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I am a recent satisfied patient (50+ year old woman/colon re-section surgery 08/2017 @ Huntington Hospital). The Dr. will put you at ease at the surgical consult. Knowledge is power: and he gives it to you. You understand why you are there/what is going to happen and what to expect. No surprises. The only unknown for me was how was I going to recuperate. Holy cow, I was worried about nothing. I was fine by myself at home within days of discharge. The first few days @ home I needed a hand up out of the chair and it was tricky getting out of bed. Other than that: I took it slow and steady. I am now 2 months post surgery and I could almost forget that I had it done, except when someone asks how I am doing or I am looking down at my healing scars. Don't worry or delay: if you need the surgery, get it done and get it done by Dr. Rivadeneira.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira probably saved my mom's life. After an unsuccessful operation by a different surgeon, Dr. Rivadeneira recommended another surgery. Within two days after the surgery my mom was in less pain then she had been in months. The surgery was a total success. I am convinced that if my mom had to live with the constant pain she would not have survived much longer. He is not only a great surgeon but a nice person with a calm and friendly bedside manner. He is a superstar!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

After being diagnosed with colon cancer I consulted with 4 surgeons. Dr. Rivadeneira was my choice for a number of reasons including 2 recommendations from different hospital staff members who needed his surgical skills and a recommendation from a top oncologist who is the head of his company. Dr. Rivadeneira was very thorough with his explanation of my condition, best treatment path and what to expect before, during and after surgery. He went over every detail in a way that was easily understood. You could tell he loved his profession and was always in a great mood. With multiple office location it was easy to schedule and get appointments without waiting. His office staff and PA were also on point and professional. The colon resection surgery went perfectly on August 3rd and I was home on the 6th. There were no complications during or after surgery and finished my final follow up September 26th. I would not even think of using anyone else for me or my family than Dr. Rivadeneira.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira performed a colon resection on my husband who had colon cancer. He was very informative, and very sweet and gentle too. He explained what he would be doing and put our minds at ease. After the surgery he came to see me and my family while we were in the waiting room to let us know all had gone well. This was 5 years ago, and my husband is still cancer free and feeling good. We loved Dr. Rivadeneira's "bedside" manner, it was awesome.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. R did my sigmoid colon resection in June 17. The moment that my wife and I met him, he put us at ease. He had come highly recommend to us by a close friend, on whom he had performed the same procedure and she had a fast and perfect outcome. Dr. Rivadeneira is extremely pleasant, took the time to explain my condition and his proposed solution in detail, but in an easy to understand manner. The surgery and recovery were exactly as he projected and relatively pain free. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira offered me an opportunity to tell you about my experience. I would like to say that he was wonderful, kind, respectful and compassionate. Not for one moment did I feel uncomfortable. I must admit that I was apprehensive. To my surprise there was no pain, no discomfort and no embarrassment. In a brief procedure he eliminated a problem that had plagued me for months. I am grateful to Dr. Rivadeneira for his help and assurance that he could eliminate my problem … which is exactly what he did!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I agree with what everyone else has written. His care and compassion are very apparent. He takes the time to explain everything. After my surgery he phoned my husband in the waiting room to explain to him how the surgery went. And his knowledge and expertise are incredible. He never made me feel nervous about any of it. THANK YOU DR. RIVADENEIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. R just performed my surgery less then a week ago. I had diverticulitis surgery done. I have never met a doctor so incredible. He explained the whole procedure to me in detail prior to surgery . He never made me feel rushed and answered every question I may have had. I was a nervous wreck that day, and I will never forget in the operating room right before he started he held my hand and told me everything will be just fine!! His compassion for his patients and beside manner is just wonderful. Thank you so much Dr. Rivadeneira for being the special,well respected, person you are!!! Sincerely Marjorie Esposito

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Fantastic doctor. Performed a resection for colon cancer. Put me at ease, did a great job, and showed real concern.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. David E. Rivadeneira's Credentials

• Howard Med school (Grad. 1995)

Oxford