Ratings for Dr. David E. Rivadeneira

Great doctor. Entirely satisfied. He got me into surgery immediately. Explained entire procedure clearly and answered all questions. Recovery went fine; follow up went fine. He is clearly qualified, expressed genuine concern, and was very thorough in follow-up. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Wonderful doctor....complete mastery of his profession.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira made the experience of having hemorrhoidectomy surgery very comfortable both prior to and post surgery. His kind and knowledgeable demeanor makes it easy to understand exactly what to expect at each stage of treatment and recovery. Wonderful bedside manner. His staff is equally excellent.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Being in the medical field, I know there can sometimes be disparity relative to physicians skill levels. I researched Dr. Rivadeneira and found him to be the best physician to treat my fissure. He was very patient, took the necessary time to answer my questions, is compassionate and has great bedside manner. Rather than sending me into a potential unnecessary surgery, he recommended pharmacological therapy as my initial course of action. None the less I ended up electing to have surgery and I would recommend Dr. Rivadeneira without hesitation.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

On December 2, 2017 my 83 year old father underwent a laparoscopic right hemicolectomy performed by Dr. Rivadeneira for a very large tumor in his colon. My dad is a relatively healthy man for his age. Prior to surgery we met with Dr. Rivadeneira and had conversation about what to expect during Dad's hospital stay and regarding the post op period. Dr. Rivadeneira explained very thoroughly what to expect and answered all our questions in specific clear detail. My father will be eight weeks post op this Saturday January 27, 2018. Dad is healing well, cooking breakfast, getting out to dinner, goes up and down stairs, visits his grandchildren and will be celebrating his 84th birthday next month. We can not thank Dr. Rivadeneira enough for all his surgical expertise, care and concern.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira gave me my life back! After having hernia surgery performed by another surgeon in August of 2017, within a few days the hernia was back. And it was four times the size it was originally. I was miserable and in constant pain. I was referred to Dr. Rivadeneira, as he is an expert in this procedure, for laparoscopic repair of a recurrent hernia. I could not be happier with the results! Having been so nervous about getting the procedure done again, considering what happened the first time, I was less than confident I would be “fixed” when all was said and done. But now, 4 weeks after the procedure, I am back to my old self and can even begin to return to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I cannot recommend this surgeon highly enough! Totally restored my quality of life, and my confidence in surgeons. Dr. Rivadeneira, you are amazing!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira is great. His explanation of what i needed was thorough. he recommended that i get a second opinion, which I did. That doctor confirmed everything that Dr Rivadeneira said. Also, the second opinion doctor said that if i were his patient, that he would refer me to Dr. Rivadeneira. Because " he is the guru for this type of procedure ."

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira performed colon resection surgery on me Oct. 11, 2017. He explained the procedure in detail prior to the surgery and also what to expect during the recovery period. I would highly recommend Dr. Rivadeneira to anyone who needs a gifted, compassionate surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Rivadeneira performed my husband's colon surgery and did an exceptional job. We found Dr. Rivadeneira to be an excellent and compassionate surgeon. My husband and I will recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Rivadeneira is an outstanding doctor and gifted surgeon. He greets everyone like old friends, always with a smile. He is an excellent diagnostician and explains medical conditions thoroughly in layman's terms. I have a family history of colon cancer and needed to get checked. An attempt at a colonoscopy failed because I had a stricture in my colon. I was asymptomatic! A follow-up with a virtual CT scan showed extensive scarring from diverticulitis and a stricture that needed to be removed. I needed to have the surgery relatively soon or risk major emergency exploratory surgery for a blockage. I underwent a resection of my colon, the first major surgery I had ever experienced. I went into surgery with complete confidence in Dr. Rivadeneira and his team and a thorough understanding of the best and worst case scenarios. The surgery was done laparoscopically and robotically! Considering the extent of the surgery, the level of discomfort was very bearable, without any heavy-duty pain medication. All went very well and my recovery was remarkably fast with minimal discomfort. I recommend Dr. Rivadeneira very highly and will continue to schedule future "wellness exams" with him. I have complete trust in his knowledge, experience and advice.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr. David E. Rivadeneira's Credentials

• Howard Med school (Grad. 1995)