Ratings for Dr. Christopher L. Tye

Was afraid of taking out my 4 wisdom teeth and had post phoned it for 3 years. Finally decided to get it done. Saw Dr Tye and appointment was a breeze. Had an issue with original appointment for teeth removal as staff wasn't clear on that requirement about someone needing to stay with me throughout the surgery as i was getting general anesthesia. So next appointment, had everything go correctly. What was surprising to me, was how quickly I healed (could be my body reacting well), and how little pain I had. I was expecting a lot of pain, but only really had to take 2-3 pain pills on the day of surgery. Dr called me in the evening to see I was doing ok, although I wasn't able to pick up the phone. All in all it went way better than expected and lot less pain than anticipated for me. Highly recommend the doctor. Only suggestion is to make sure to let the person know complete instructions, even if papers are given, since sometimes its easy to miss some instructions just by reading it.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

It took me a while to write this review because still I can't believe what happened. Day before Thanksgiving I was scheduled to get my 4 wisdom teeth plus another molar removed, as discussed in my pre op visit with doctor Tye. I chose sedation and everything seemed ok, too bad I realized almost an hour later at home they they simply "forgot" to take out the 5 th tooth; call them immediately and was put under again. I have never heard someone so bad at apologizing like doctor Tye, he told me stuff like "well it is not that we pulled out the wrong one" and "I am having my staff staying late to take care of this you should be thankful" and so on. I am really speechless, given that I had postponed this surgery for a long time due to my anxiety level you can only imagine how I felt. On top of everything after that nobody checked up on me the following days (right they were on vacation!)

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Christopher L. Tye's response
We appreciate all feedback we receive - even when it is not always flattering. Unfortunately, due to privacy considerations, we are not at liberty to publicly discuss the medical details of anyone's experience at our practice. Our goal is to provide the best possible care to our patients. Nonetheless, we know and freely admit that we are not perfect - no health care provider is. While it disappoints us greatly, mistakes do happen from time to time. When they do, we try to acknowledge and correct the error as quickly as possible. No matter what, our primary concern remains the well-being of our patients. Lastly, our door is always open to our patients - especially those who may have remaining questions or concerns. We are happy to address any existing or potential problems.

Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr tye explains procedure and answers questions with ease, friendly staff, I would recommend for anyone who needs wisdom teeth extractions even tooth implants in Colleyville SouthLake Grapevine Dfw area

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Tye did an amazing job for me. I came in scared to death but hisself and staff reassured everything will be fine. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I was very nervous, but was put at ease by the staff. Getting a tooth pulled is not fun but they made it easier. Recovery was good no problems. Hurray for Sockit. Hope I don't have to do it again but would and would recommend dr, Tye.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

My wisdom teeth extraction went as smooth as possible. Dr. Tye did a wonderful job. I am so grateful!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Allows you to know how much you will be paying out of pocket before surgery scheduled. Fast pre and post surgical procedure. Dr. Tye is pleasant and very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

I had a rhinoplasty for a bump on the bridge of my nose. The staff was rude and kept me waiting forever multiple times. After the procedure, my nose was even worse than before. Now there is a bump, but only on one side of the bridge of my nose. The tip is lopsided and crooked. I am even more self conscious about my nose now. I would definitely warn anyone considering Dr. Tye to perform their rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

Great staff. Dr Tye is very personable and explins the process very well.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Christopher L. Tye's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Was afraid of taking out my 4 wisdom teeth and had post phoned it for 3 years. Finally decided to get it done. Saw Dr Tye and appointment was a breeze. Had an i..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It took me a while to write this review because still I can't believe what happened. Day before Thanksgiving I was scheduled to get my 4 wisdom teeth plus anoth..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr tye explains procedure and answers questions with ease, friendly staff, I would recommend for anyone who needs wisdom teeth extractions even tooth implants ..."

November 11, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Christopher" to "Christopher L."

October 20, 2013