Ratings for Dr. Steven I. Rockman

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

I trust Dr. Rockman. I'm having a null pain on my left side and he ordered a ct-scan. I have a cyst. If I had not gone to him probably this would have got bigger. My regular dr.(internal md) said it was my posture and said to do some yoga. Dr. Rockman knew was he was doing.Also, he delivered by 2nd kid back in 2004. He was awesome. His current staff is out of this world, specially Carolina. When i can call she always picks up the phone or she returns the calls very promptly.Wait at the office is manageable compared to other drs, specially my kids' pediatricians.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

AMAZING!He is extremely knowledgeable and is willing to answe any and all questions. Super guy.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Dr. Rockman took amazing care of me. I had an ectopic pregnancy that was about to rupture through my Fallopian tube and he performed emergency surgery on me. I was scared and had a lot of questions and he was very patient with explaining what was happening. When it was time to be discharged, he showed up at the hospital early in the AM instead of making us wait and again, took plenty of time with me to explain what happened during surgery and even showed me the pictures. His office staff returned my call quickly and was very friendly and helpful when I called to schedule the surgical follow-up. I'm very grateful to him for making a very difficult situation just a little bit easier.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. Rockman is GREAT! There is a wait at his office but its because he takes the necessary time with each patient ensuring things are taken care of the way they should be. Sometimes he is called to emergency deliveries, and those things cant be avoided. I can only assume a selfish person who thought they might be Dr. Rockman's ONLY patient would get upset over the wait. Dr. Rockman is NOT rude, but rather very considerate, and highly intelligent. He always takes plenty of time with me until a resolution is met, and his staff always follows up with me in a timely fashion as needed. I recommend Dr. Rockman to every woman I know. I'll ALWAYS trust Dr. Rockman and all of his recommendations. Oh, and he also ALWAYS wears gloves. Since his highly professional nurse is ALWAYS present, she can verify that.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Wastes your time and shows an extreme lack of respect. Be smarter than me...read the reviews BEFORE you make an appointment to see him

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Terribly Rude!!! Would never, never again...

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Dr. Rockman is an awesome doctor. I don't know if he's changed since these reviews or what but his staff is the most friendly I have ever dealt with and he got my meds right first try. I am having a much easier pregnancy this time around due to Dr. Rockman's knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

When I saw this site, I was not suprised at the other ratings. I went to another doctor in the practice, but Rockman was on call when I delivered my baby. Good surgeon, horrible bedside manner. During the delivery, he accused me of "not pushing" and made me so upset that I threw up, no joke; it turned out my baby was in the wrong position and was stuck in the birth canal. Not supportive, not caring, arrogant and the nurses hated him, as I found out later. I changed to another practice simply because I refuse to take a chance on him delivering my next child. I have never felt compelled to complain on a website but I must warn others to find another OB.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007

I began with Dr. Rockman before I got pregnant. He was nice, funny and made me feel good about my future pregnancy. With each passing visit, I got more and more upset. He never remembered my name (I go by my middle and he would call me by my first after being told MANY times). Then, when I was 28 weeks pregnant, I asked about a c-section because of some medical problems I was having. He said, "oh yeah, we can do an elective c-section, all the top celebrities are doing that!". I was OUTRAGED! Then...to top it off...I was informed by his clerk that he was moving his practice 20 miles out of town and I would have to come there from then on. Needless to say, he did not deliver my baby! It was one of the worst doctor experiences I have ever had!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2006

Dr. Steven I. Rockman's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1975)

• BCBS Illinois