Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Fitzgerald

Dr. Fitzgerald is barely acceptable for routine care - and that's it! I went to her for years and dealt with her cursory manner (ie, hand on doorknob as you're trying to ask questions) as she was conveniently located and I at the time had no problems. Once I started to experience significant gyno difficulties everything went down the drain, from finding out that I supposedly needed a hysterectomy by her medical assistant (she would not even get on the phone for a minute) to dealing with her arrogant attitude and limited knowledge base (also told by other docs that I later consulted that she is NOT a good surgeon). I ditched her practice after 10 years and found excellent specialists that thought outside the box and gave me much better personalized surgical options than a total abdominal hysterectomy which was all she could offer. A very minimally interested doctor who doesn't much care about you. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

If you need surgery with her keep in mind her bedside manner is awful. I had surgery. She did not even check on me in recovery or give a telephone call to check on me after surgery. The only person that actually cared was the hospital I had the procedure at. She also did not even discuss my endometriosis with me that she happened to find while I was having surgery. She is good for routine visits as long as you have no problems. If a problem arises, I would strongly recommend going to see a specialist. I wish I had gotten a second opinion. BTW- I went in for surgery for a routine removal of a 1" cyst and she wound up having my whole ovary removed. I was not even notified by her that she took my ovary. The nurses in recovery had to tell me. This is absolutely disgraceful from a doctor. She should definitely learn to inform her patients.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Highly recommend Dr. Fitzgerald.She is genuine and professional as well as punctual. I would feel totally confident having surgery performed by her.!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Had to switch to Neighborhood and Dr.Fitzgerald isn't in their network of doctors:( So sad to have to find a new obgyn after 7 years. Dr. Fitzgerald is always friendly and very knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

I had an ob/gyn exam there. The patients medical notes/records seemed thorough, and I would trust her opinion.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

She can be a little impersonal, but she is an excellent doctor. She doesn't take very long with the exam but she know her business. She found a tiny polyp during my pap smear and lanced it immediately. Also, anytime I had a problem with my pap smear being abnormal the office always called me immediately.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

I saw Dr. Fitzgerald after a friend recommended her. I will not return. The visit was very impersonal and only took about 5 minutes total. I don't know what can be accomplished that quickly other than making the patient feel uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

The staff was unfriendly. They had a frosted window that remained closed and I didn't even know if you could tap on it to get service. The whole examination took less than 5 minutes (she didn't even have me take off my top, so the breast exam was not very thorough, despite that I had marked I have had a history of breast problems on my information form). I only wanted the appointment to refill my birth control (which I was able to do), but if I had something wrong, I doubt she would have caught it. Moreover, the office doesn't even notify you about your pap smear unless it is bad news (what if the bad news letter gets lost in the mail?). They even forgot to apply my insurance, despite the fact that they copied my card. When I got the bill for $240, it had to be dealt with through a medical billing contracted company (rather than the doctor's office). I was not impressed and will not be returning to her again. I got better service at the free clinic where I went to grad school!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Dr. Kathleen Fitzgerald's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1974)

Delta Dental