Ratings for Dr. Gwyllyn Goddard

Was 40 minutes late. Told us he had a degree in immunology and then went on an anti-vaccine rant. I cant believe a medical doctor would be so unprofessional and uninformed. Needs to stop spreading incorrect propaganda.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

He is replacing my dr as she is on leave..... NEVER again... absolutely disgusting manners.... i rather die than EVER see him...

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

He is a replacement for my doctor while she is away. It was so bad I asked the nurse if he was a real doctor. He reminds me of a frat boy. Yesterday I went to see my surgeon in Surrey and she had some concerns so she phoned my doctor's office and talked to Dr Goddard. She had told me what her concerns were and that I was to see the doctor in the next day or so. I stopped at the office to make an appointment and was told he could see me then. I was still shook up by some of what I had learnt at the surgeons and was not thinking straight. He asked me if I was feeling better and I said yes, I was better than I was a week ago. He said recovering and typed on the computer. I then asked him about my heart and the medication that my surgeon was considering putting me back on. He took my pulse and said your heart is fine - no need for medication. Scary!! I was there because I had a lung removed in January and was recovering from pneumonia. I also have a hole in my heart and my heart beat races quite often. That is why the surgeon wanted me followed closely. He never listened to my chest or took my blood pressure. I have to see him next week - an appointment I set up as he never told me to come back. I am prepared this time - I have a list of concerns that my surgeon wanted looked into and I have someone coming with me for support. One last thing - I had seen him previously - texting on his cell while listening to me? He also does not close the examing room door while discussing your case. VERY UNPROFFESSIONAL!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

unpleasant, condescending, and only cares about the $$$. good thing he's no longer practicing.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

he is a joke when it comes to loyalty if he booked you for ultra sound for get it as the hospital can't do them with out a practicing physician so after waiting months mine was cancelled He should never be given a license back

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I was saddened to hear that Dr. Goddard has had to take his own medical leave. For those that can't fathom that, I would suggest you accept it rather than 'calling him down'. GP work is a very stressful environment and I would rather see him take the time to get better rather than completely implode. I agree there is a shortage of GP's in the area (area = BC!) and of course that is why is patient load is so high. I was fortunate enough to find another GP to take me on, but when Dr. Goddard returns to practicing medicine I will want to get back onto his list. To say he is not loyal and only about the money is unfair and incorrect, and no doubt an incredibly difficult decision to step back and get healthy.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I can not understand this so called Dr Goddard he has left patients with no were to go other Drs won't take his patients what do I do I have epilepsy

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr Goddard has no loyalty to his patients. It is all about himself. He has abandoned his patience right now and left us no place to go for care. He makes you feel like it is all about him getting paid.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. Goddard is compassionate and knowledgeable however has poor "bedside manner". I always felt rushed and frightened to bring up more than one issue, regardless how small. He was frequently late, even for a first am appointment but has been improving. Does little in the way of a physical exam, I like him as a person, but have found another doctor now that I have a chronic illness and don't want to feel rushed.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr Goddard has been amazing. He is very empathetic and has thouroughly explained all my medications as well as making whole healthcare reccomendations including diet and vitamins, and lifestyle in a supportive understanding way.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015