Ratings for Dr. Gwyllyn Goddard

Was arrogant rude and dismissive. Was on his computer and never even looked up at me.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Goddard 15 years ago and I was in so much pain with my back after seeing several doctors and specialists years before he listened to me and examined mme and sent me to a specialist in vancouver and he fixed my back and after prescribing THC for my pain I am now completely off my other PAIN medications and sleeping better and controlling my pain better. He takes the time to listen to you and is very good about finding out the problem,simply put he really cares about his patients. I drove from 60kms past Kamloops to chilliwack just to see him because of how good of a Doctor he is.(He really does care about his patients). I was sorry to see him move away and would not hesitate to see him again if he moves closer. Dr. Goddard please get in touch with me if you move back again. We really miss you as a doctor and hope we can have you back again one day. Thankyou very much again.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Gwyllyn Goddard is a great doctor and an even better person. I was his patient for several years. He was always helpful, professional and provided exceptional medical care for me. I am most grateful for his heart. My wife was diagnosed with a serious illness several years ago. Dr. Goddard went above and beyond to support us. I have since moved to Vancouver. I knew Dr. Goddard as someone who gave back to the community and supported good causes, especially for the less fortunate. Being a GP (General Practitioner) is challenging. I can only imagine how stressful the work is. GP's work on a schedule that can't always be on time. Sometimes, the patient before goes longer than expected. Meanwhile, they often have to deal with multiple issues at the same time. I understood the challenges Dr. Goddard faced. He did a great job, under the circumstances. Thank you Dr. Goddard for your service! I wish you all the best in the future.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

My experiences with Dr. Goddard were very unsatisfactory. I was misdiagnosed. All he seems to be able to do is prescribe and refer. I chose him from the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons listing because he was a recent graduate whom I thought would be abreast of recent developments in medicine. What a disappointment. Always late and unprofessional. Money seemed to be the most important reason for his having gone into medicine. The only praise I have for him is that he had the good sense to hire Lucy. She was delightful and good at her job.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I gave the staff a great rating because it is at my regular doctors office. This doctor was filling in for my doctor and I have seen him twice now. The first time, he diagnosed just based on what I said (hernia he never felt or anything) I don't feel like he listens. The first time, he came in chewing gum like a cow which in my opinion is unprofessional. I am not going back until my doctor is back.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Was 40 minutes late. Told us he had a degree in immunology and then went on an anti-vaccine rant. I cant believe a medical doctor would be so unprofessional and uninformed. Needs to stop spreading incorrect propaganda.

Submitted September 28, 2016

He is a replacement for my doctor while she is away. It was so bad I asked the nurse if he was a real doctor. He reminds me of a frat boy. Yesterday I went to see my surgeon in Surrey and she had some concerns so she phoned my doctor's office and talked to Dr Goddard. She had told me what her concerns were and that I was to see the doctor in the next day or so. I stopped at the office to make an appointment and was told he could see me then. I was still shook up by some of what I had learnt at the surgeons and was not thinking straight. He asked me if I was feeling better and I said yes, I was better than I was a week ago. He said recovering and typed on the computer. I then asked him about my heart and the medication that my surgeon was considering putting me back on. He took my pulse and said your heart is fine - no need for medication. Scary!! I was there because I had a lung removed in January and was recovering from pneumonia. I also have a hole in my heart and my heart beat races quite often. That is why the surgeon wanted me followed closely. He never listened to my chest or took my blood pressure. I have to see him next week - an appointment I set up as he never told me to come back. I am prepared this time - I have a list of concerns that my surgeon wanted looked into and I have someone coming with me for support. One last thing - I had seen him previously - texting on his cell while listening to me? He also does not close the examing room door while discussing your case. VERY UNPROFFESSIONAL!

Submitted September 9, 2016

unpleasant, condescending, and only cares about the $$$. good thing he's no longer practicing.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I was saddened to hear that Dr. Goddard has had to take his own medical leave. For those that can't fathom that, I would suggest you accept it rather than 'calling him down'. GP work is a very stressful environment and I would rather see him take the time to get better rather than completely implode. I agree there is a shortage of GP's in the area (area = BC!) and of course that is why is patient load is so high. I was fortunate enough to find another GP to take me on, but when Dr. Goddard returns to practicing medicine I will want to get back onto his list. To say he is not loyal and only about the money is unfair and incorrect, and no doubt an incredibly difficult decision to step back and get healthy.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I can not understand this so called Dr Goddard he has left patients with no were to go other Drs won't take his patients what do I do I have epilepsy

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015