Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Aviv

PH balance not just in your shampoo bottle!! I suffered for many years with a chronic cough and saw many doctors. Dr. Aviv diagnosed me in 10 minutes. After following his diet, reading book, and seeing a voice therapist (I had a lot of damage on my vocal cords) my coughing stopped! He is a genius and this is one doctor’s visit I actually look forward to. I’ve learned a lot from him and enjoy talking to him. Not sure why some people have negative things to say about him suggesting his book. Do you not want to get better? I am thankful he has a book to read! It is my bible now. My mother had a chronic cough for many years and was not able to find a doctor to help her. She passed before I found Dr. Aviv. I wish I would have found him sooner as he may have been able to help her as well. After reading the book I truly believe part, if not all of my mother’s issues were contributed to this “silent killer.” Great book and it is in layman terms. I can’t wait for your next book! I now check the PH balance in everything I eat. All starting to make sense to me now. Karen L.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Aviv was very accurate in his diagnosis and laid out a treatment plan that worked.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

My throat was hurting for over a year, and I went to many ENTs and Speech Pathologists until someone finally recommended Dr. Aviv, who figured out immediately what the problem was and helped me take care of it. He's friendly, caring, warm, and generally a pleasure to deal with and come back to, and he really knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I have found Dr. Aviv and his team to be outstanding and a real pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I have been having a problem with acid reflux for 2 years and it hasn't been successfully treated. After visiting with Dr. Aviv, I found out I have bile reflux in addition to the acid reflux and some other related problems I wasn't aware of. I am now on a plan of treatment that will help me deal with these issues. I feel extremely confident that I am in good hands. Dr. Aviv took a lot of time in discussing my problem with me fro which I'm grateful.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Dr. Aviv was wonderful. He was friendly, took his time with me and answered all of my questions. I never felt like he was pushing his book, in fact he told me I could get most of the diet just by searching on line. The staff was kind and efficient. An overall great experience.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Minimal wait times - and Dr. Aviv gives great dietary advice

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

In New York city, we see all kinds of extreme individuals. Some would scream at you if you come within 2 inches of them while walking past, while others actually get out of the way of faster moving folks on the sidewalk. To those individuals who are extremely sensitive and feel that Dr. Aviv "pushes" or "shills" his book, with all due respect, I believe you fall into the first category. I was recommended to see Dr. Aviv, because he is regarded as literally "one of the best swallowing care" doctors in the world. This was told to me by my internist who I have seen for years. He not only helped me get rid of my acid reflux disease (I actually had to do the hard part by changing my diet-which he clearly lays out in his book-more like a meal plan) but his book is a Godsend. How else would you actually hear about the book if he didn't mention it to you? We all need to keep open minds regarding our health care professionals, but to slam one of the best because he was trying to help you get on your way to optimal health with help from a book that is without peer (in my opinion) which he took the time to write for his patients, speak perhaps more to your particular sensitivities rather that most of our reality.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I suffered with acid reflux and throat burn for a year until I learned about Dr. Aviv and his book, "Killing Me Gently from Inside." The book is excellent. I am much improved. Dr. Aviv is a lovely person, extremely knowledgeable, and very caring in my experience. I feel so fortunate to have found out about him. If you suffer from acid reflux and follow his recommended diet, you will get better.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

After 10+ years of a severe cough which caused loss of voice and trouble breathing, I heard about Dr. Aviv. I have been on his low acid diet for 10 weeks. My cough is totally gone and I have lost 30 lbs. and eating healthy, something I must admit I have never done. The office staff and everyone in the office have been wonderful to deal with. He has made a believer out of me. I travel from New Jersey to see him. Well worth it. Connie S.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Hebrew

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1985)