Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Aviv

In New York city, we see all kinds of extreme individuals. Some would scream at you if you come within 2 inches of them while walking past, while others actually get out of the way of faster moving folks on the sidewalk. To those individuals who are extremely sensitive and feel that Dr. Aviv "pushes" or "shills" his book, with all due respect, I believe you fall into the first category. I was recommended to see Dr. Aviv, because he is regarded as literally "one of the best swallowing care" doctors in the world. This was told to me by my internist who I have seen for years. He not only helped me get rid of my acid reflux disease (I actually had to do the hard part by changing my diet-which he clearly lays out in his book-more like a meal plan) but his book is a Godsend. How else would you actually hear about the book if he didn't mention it to you? We all need to keep open minds regarding our health care professionals, but to slam one of the best because he was trying to help you get on your way to optimal health with help from a book that is without peer (in my opinion) which he took the time to write for his patients, speak perhaps more to your particular sensitivities rather that most of our reality.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I suffered with acid reflux and throat burn for a year until I learned about Dr. Aviv and his book, "Killing Me Gently from Inside." The book is excellent. I am much improved. Dr. Aviv is a lovely person, extremely knowledgeable, and very caring in my experience. I feel so fortunate to have found out about him. If you suffer from acid reflux and follow his recommended diet, you will get better.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

After 10+ years of a severe cough which caused loss of voice and trouble breathing, I heard about Dr. Aviv. I have been on his low acid diet for 10 weeks. My cough is totally gone and I have lost 30 lbs. and eating healthy, something I must admit I have never done. The office staff and everyone in the office have been wonderful to deal with. He has made a believer out of me. I travel from New Jersey to see him. Well worth it. Connie S.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Aviv was also extremely rude and disrespectful to me during my visit. All because a doctor he referred me to did not do the test he wanted him to do. It was all I could do not to simply walk out of the visit. And yes, he shills for his book unbelievably. If you want people to have the book so badly, just give it to them,they're paying for a visit. Also, his billing people are incompetent. Although Dr. Aviv was part of my health plan, his billing people have been billing me for an out-of-network amount for months. No amount of trying to straighten this out has worked, and my husband and I have spent hours (along with the insurance company, which keeps trying to tell them the bill is wrong) trying to straighten the situation out. SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's response
Good Morning - I'm Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. Our patients, their care and their experience in our offices is the very core of our organizational mission of service excellence. That being said, it’s upsetting to read your feedback about your recent office visit, as it’s contrary to the type of experience our clinicians and staff strive to create for each and every one of our patients. Your feedback is surprising, given Dr. Aviv's long and distinguished record of clinical excellence, but please be assured that our Senior Management team will use it to create actionable next steps. I would like to get you over to a Billing Operations Manager to help with your account concerns. In order to protect your health privacy, please send us an email with your contact information to patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com] and a member of our team will contact you to review your account. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. Best, Nora

Submitted July 30, 2015

pushes his book. shows no regard for the patient. I do not trust him at all.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's response
Good Afternoon - I'm Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have as positive an experience as possible at our offices. We are sincerely sorry- as is Dr. Aviv- that you interpreted any part of your visit as you describe. It was absolutely not his intention to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. Your feedback is surprising, given Dr. Aviv's long and distinguished record of clinical excellence, but please be assured that our Senior Management team will use it as an impetus for improvement. We would like to speak to you more about this, but in a way that fully maintains your health privacy. Please contact us via our secure email server at patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com] with your contact information and we will call you immediately. We look forward to hearing from you. Best, Nora

Submitted April 6, 2015

My wife,having problems for many years,finally had the good grace to find Dr, Aviv. He and his staff has been beyond any thing that we could have hoped for .His professionalism and knowledge has given my wife hope in finally correcting her disease.He has a unique passion ,not always found in doctors,to help his patients.God bless him. Esther Baker ,patient

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Saw Dr Aviv today, i literally feel like weight of the world has been lifted, he's amazing, spelled out plan for me and explained everything in detail and i truly believe with his help i can come off of all my heartburn meds by using his diet plan to reduce acid reflux. happy days ahead .

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Hi. I have been Nomanding for years in the sands of the mediocre doctors, until I arrived at Dr Avivs tent, and an immediate Hit. His professional ,elegant, focused, no nonsense, and obviously correct , and accurate prognosis was unique. He straightened , cured several of my lingering problems, within a very short time.. Highly recommended. A typical 'Right on" Israeli - Sabra process.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I will always be grateful to dr aviv and his low acid diet which cured me of a ten year cough and excessive mucus in my throat. I have always eaten healthy but on the low acid diet .eating even healthier Thank you Dr Aviv

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Aviv for getting me back on the road to a normal life! For a couple of years I had increasingly worse problems with coughing and throat-clearing which frequently left me unable to speak until I had rather violently gotten it to clear. Then my voice worsened to the point that people could not hear me on the phone or in person. Needless to say this was having a major impact on my life! I went to my ENT .He did a scope, told me I had LPR (of which I had never heard and which floored me, as I never experienced heartburn and in no way associated my throat symptoms with my stomach!), and said he did not believe in using medicine for this problem. Instead, he advised me to avoid the "4C's" (carbonation, caffeine, citrus, and cocktails), stop eating three hours before going to sleep, and raise the head of my bed. I did as he suggested but my voice problem worsened. After much research I saw Dr. Aviv. He knew even before scoping that there was something more amiss with my voice. He showed me the film of the scope to demonstrate that a had partial paresis of the left vocal cord in addition to the LPR and recommended I see a voice therapist as well as following carefully the LPR guidelines in his book which I already owned. He spent a good amount of time with me, answering the long list of questions I had brought very patiently. Thanks to the voice therapy and his guidelines I am now speaking just as I had before. My reflux symptoms are much better and I cannot thank him enough!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Hebrew

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1985)

GHI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In New York city, we see all kinds of extreme individuals. Some would scream at you if you come within 2 inches of them while walking past, while others actuall..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suffered with acid reflux and throat burn for a year until I learned about Dr. Aviv and his book, "Killing Me Gently from Inside." The book is excellent. I am..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 10+ years of a severe cough which caused loss of voice and trouble breathing, I heard about Dr. Aviv. I have been on his low acid diet for 10 weeks. My ..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Aviv was also extremely rude and disrespectful to me during my visit. All because a doctor he referred me to did not do the test he wanted him to do. It wa..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "pushes his book. shows no regard for the patient. I do not trust him at all."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife,having problems for many years,finally had the good grace to find Dr, Aviv. He and his staff has been beyond any thing that we could have hoped for .His..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr Aviv today, i literally feel like weight of the world has been lifted, he's amazing, spelled out plan for me and explained everything in detail and i tru..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hi. I have been Nomanding for years in the sands of the mediocre doctors, until I arrived at Dr Avivs tent, and an immediate Hit. His professional ,elegant, ..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I will always be grateful to dr aviv and his low acid diet which cured me of a ten year cough and excessive mucus in my throat. I have always eaten healthy b..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Aviv for getting me back on the road to a normal life! For a couple of years I had increasingly worse problems with coughing..."

October 31, 2014
  • Suite has been updated from "" to "None".

September 16, 2014