You may also like

Rate Dr. Jonathan Aviv

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's Ratings

Dr. Aviv was also extremely rude and disrespectful to me during my visit. All because a doctor he referred me to did not do the test he wanted him to do. It was all I could do not to simply walk out of the visit. And yes, he shills for his book unbelievably. If you want people to have the book so badly, just give it to them,they're paying for a visit. Also, his billing people are incompetent. Although Dr. Aviv was part of my health plan, his billing people have been billing me for an out-of-network amount for months. No amount of trying to straighten this out has worked, and my husband and I have spent hours (along with the insurance company, which keeps trying to tell them the bill is wrong) trying to straighten the situation out. SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's response
Good Morning - I'm Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. Our patients, their care and their experience in our offices is the very core of our organizational mission of service excellence. That being said, it’s upsetting to read your feedback about your recent office visit, as it’s contrary to the type of experience our clinicians and staff strive to create for each and every one of our patients. Your feedback is surprising, given Dr. Aviv's long and distinguished record of clinical excellence, but please be assured that our Senior Management team will use it to create actionable next steps.
I would like to get you over to a Billing Operations Manager to help with your account concerns. In order to protect your health privacy, please send us an email with your contact information to patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com] and a member of our team will contact you to review your account.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit.
Best, Nora

Submitted July 30, 2015

pushes his book. shows no regard for the patient. I do not trust him at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2764689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's response
Good Afternoon - I'm Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have as positive an experience as possible at our offices. We are sincerely sorry- as is Dr. Aviv- that you interpreted any part of your visit as you describe. It was absolutely not his intention to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. Your feedback is surprising, given Dr. Aviv's long and distinguished record of clinical excellence, but please be assured that our Senior Management team will use it as an impetus for improvement. We would like to speak to you more about this, but in a way that fully maintains your health privacy. Please contact us via our secure email server at patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com] with your contact information and we will call you immediately. We look forward to hearing from you. Best, Nora

Submitted April 6, 2015

My wife,having problems for many years,finally had the good grace to find Dr, Aviv. He and his staff has been beyond any thing that we could have hoped for .His professionalism and knowledge has given my wife hope in finally correcting her disease.He has a unique passion ,not always found in doctors,to help his patients.God bless him.

Esther Baker ,patient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Saw Dr Aviv today, i literally feel like weight of the world has been lifted, he's amazing, spelled out plan for me and explained everything in detail and i truly believe with his help i can come off of all my heartburn meds by using his diet plan to reduce acid reflux. happy days ahead .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Hi. I have been Nomanding for years in the sands of the mediocre doctors, until I arrived at Dr Avivs tent, and an immediate Hit. His professional ,elegant, focused, no nonsense, and obviously correct , and accurate prognosis was unique. He straightened , cured several of my lingering problems, within a very short time.. Highly recommended. A typical 'Right on" Israeli - Sabra process.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

I will always be grateful to dr aviv and his low acid diet which cured me of a ten year cough and excessive mucus in my throat. I have always eaten healthy but on the low acid diet
.eating even healthier

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Aviv for getting me back on the road to a normal life! For a couple of years I had increasingly worse problems with coughing and throat-clearing which frequently left me unable to speak until I had rather violently gotten it to clear. Then my voice worsened to the point that people could not hear me on the phone or in person. Needless to say this was having a major impact on my life! I went to my ENT .He did a scope, told me I had LPR (of which I had never heard and which floored me, as I never experienced heartburn and in no way associated my throat symptoms with my stomach!), and said he did not believe in using medicine for this problem. Instead, he advised me to avoid the "4C's" (carbonation, caffeine, citrus, and cocktails), stop eating three hours before going to sleep, and raise the head of my bed. I did as he suggested but my voice problem worsened. After much research I saw Dr. Aviv. He knew even before scoping that there was something more amiss with my voice. He showed me the film of the scope to demonstrate that a had partial paresis of the left vocal cord in addition to the LPR and recommended I see a voice therapist as well as following carefully the LPR guidelines in his book which I already owned. He spent a good amount of time with me, answering the long list of questions I had brought very patiently. Thanks to the voice therapy and his guidelines I am now speaking just as I had before. My reflux symptoms are much better and I cannot thank him enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

He discovered what my problem was. I had been searching for an answer for a long time

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2523015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Very caring and informative - spends a lot of time and not rush me out - would highly recommend to family and friends. Office is clean and well equipped - very nice flow to office visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2423988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Aviv may be an expert in his field, but I would discourage anyone from seeing him as a doctor. My appointment with him may have been my worst experiences with a doctor. A few examples: He used a FEESST to check my throat, which was excruciating because of significant swelling and an inability to shallow. When he finished the test, he told me I overreacted--that it had not been so bad. He advised me to make changes to my diet but then told me to buy his book to get all the information. When he prescribed medication, I asked him how it differed from what his office colleague had prescribed earlier. He responded that he had no idea what had been prescribed. I had to request he look at my record. He berated me for never having had allergy testing despite not having had any symptoms of allergies. In short, if you are looking for a compassionate doctor who provides information, he is NOT the one to see. I won't be going back.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2423987].votes_count ]]