Ratings for Dr. Steven David Cohen

It was easy to get a appointment because he would only allow you to " adress" or have him examine one thing at a time. For example i went in with pain and numbness from a fall in my foot. And I had a cold :sinus infection ear, nose throat etc. he would only allow me to adress one thing. Essentialy I had to choose between him looking at my foot or the cold. I chose my foot. He would not even look at my cold symptoms or give antibiotics. He said with a grin " you need to make another appt next week for that, or any problem, I deal one problem at a time" why?!! So he could bill Medicaid for multiple office visits. After my 5th visit I changed doctors as he was very rude, uncaring and would not take proper care of my health issues. I don't write reviews but he was bad enough to make me write the first one.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Cohen is one of the overall worst doctors I have ever seen in my life. He is inconciderate of others and how they feel, and his only concern is to talks over you, makes you feel like you don't know your own medical conditions that you have lived w/ all your life, and enjoys watching his patients suffer in pain. He never listens to the patients. The last time I was there he made me cry.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

I have never had Dr. Cohen touch me.Other doctors listen to your heart look in your ears , nose and throat he has never done this. Seems strange!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

He should be reported for medical negligence. On my last visit to him,he cut me off all my medications because I was a few days early. These were medications I desperately needed, and so I argued with him. He said I could come back in 16 days to get my medicines, and when I argued further, he told me I should find another doctor. I believe he is mentally unstable. He has absolutely no empathy and all he cares about is money and being in control. Please do not visit this doctor as you will not receive proper care or treatment.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

I would not recommend Dr. Cohen because he does not seem to care about one's health issues and does not take them seriously. He also is not a partner in one's health care and is more of a talker than a listener. Very dictatorial manner. He doesn't seem very knowledgeable except for the most basic health care issues. He charges an office visit to get refills, never refilling by phone. The main problem I had with this doctor is that he just doesn't seem to care.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

I don't know what the conditions of these other people were but I've been seeing Dr. Cohen for 10 years and have nothing but respect and confidence in him. He is not eager to give out meds but is concerned about the health and welfare of his patients. If there was ever a time that I had to wait to see him, it was because there was an emergency that required his immediate attention and was not a reflection of his inadequacy or overbooking. I feel confident that if I were in dire need, he would see to my needs ahead of the waiting room patients. Please add Dr. Steven Cohen to your list of reliable, caring physicians. Very satisified patient, J Day, Seagoville, TX

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

This guy is just as the other patient has mentioned about Dr. Cohen except they forgot to mention how late and over booked he is. Mention something that you are concerned about and he just blows you off as if there is nothing to worry about. I dont usually have to visit a doctor but he is close to home and on the very rare occasion that I must visit one.......then I would go and see him But, no more.....I have decided to venture out and find someone who will treat me like a patient and not like a 15 dollar co-pay.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2008

He did not seem concern with my problems.He just gave me pills without really any investigation. He gives out Demerol for migrains rather than trying other treatments.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2005

Dr. Steven David Cohen's Credentials

• German

• Univ Of Calgary, Fac Of Med, Calgary, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1983)