Ratings for Dr. S. Tim Yoon

I am EXTREMELY happy with results from spinal fusion surgery( lower back), August 27, 2015. I could not be more pleased with my surgeon, Dr. Yoon: very personable and friendly, a giant in the field of spinal surgery, and an excellent support staff available to answer questions before and after surgery. When there are incisions, there are scares. I had anterior and posterior incisions (3) and am so pleased with the clean incision lines. After 7 months, the scaring has already started to subside. Most importantly, my quality of life has changed drastically. I now have full mobility and am daily doing classical stretch exercises and strengthening muscles. I FEEL GREAT. Thanks Dr. Yoon. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Yoon.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Yoon is amazing! I had to have a 10 hour osteotomy and a fusion. I was suffering from flat back syndrome. Today, 3 months later, I can stand up straight, can wear heels again and walk in them for more than 5 minutes. I am in less pain than I was for the previous 25 years. I can't say enough about how Dr. Yoon saved my life! His staff especially Liz Burman and Sara Adamson are terrific people and will go to the mat to help their patients. Thank you Dr. Yoon, Liz, Sara and all the great people at Emory Spine Center for everything you did for me. You gave me my life back and for that I will be enternally grateful!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I am a young male that suffered from a very harsh herniated disc in my lower back. I was very skeptical towards back surgery at first, but after meeting with Dr. Yoon we both agreed that it wasn't getting any better after several alternate methods were attempted. Surgery was my only option. I had Surgery in February 2015 and 7 month later I can not be more thankful for what Dr. Yoon was able to do. I would recommend Dr. Yoon to anyone suffering spinal/back issues. He was a savior to me as I thought things could never get better.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Yoon was the third surgeon I went to for an opinion. I knew immediately I wanted him to do my surgery. He is kind, he listens, and did a fantastic job. I can't say enough for his staff & the hospital as well!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Yoon performed surgery on my husband's back in March. Right after surgery, even the same day, my husband felt so much better. Before the surgery my husband slept standing up or posibly sleeping flat on a hard floor. He could not hold our 2 year old or infant. 6 weeks after the surgery my husband's life has changed. He feels great and we owe this to Dr. Yoon. Dr. Yoon answered all my questions before the surgery, one even while the surgery took place and afterwards too. I thought this surgery wouldake my husband feel better but had no idea that it would change our lives because now he is 100% better because of the surgery Dr. Yoon performed. Lastly the scar that is on my husband's back is minimal considering what was done and is fading well. I highly recommend Dr. Yoon. Our 2 year old little girl no longer says "Daddy's back hurt" because of Dr. Yoon. The surgery he did on my husband has changed our lives for the much better. He's awesome!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Three months ago Dr Yoon performed a laminectomy, discectomy, cyst removal and fusion of L-4 / L-5. My spinal problems turned serious about a year and a half ago when my mobility became affected. Numbness down my right leg coupled with foot drop and what felt like shin splints became quite painful - to the point where I needed crutches to alleviate the pain and get around. I was taking ibuprophine type drugs for years and about a month and a half before surgery on the advice of my local physician, added muscle relaxers and oxy codone. Fortunately these drugs got me to and through the surgery. At this point I take 2 tylenol in the AM and PM and that's it. I'm a fairly active 70 year old man and am now able (albeit with caution - at the risk of incurring my wife's and Dr. Yoon's rath) to resume most of my pre-surgery activities, operating tractors, 4 wheelers, and various farm equipment. Dr. Yoon did an outstanding job - HE IS THE MAN - Thank you Dr. Yoon, Liz, and staff.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I had a cervical Laminoplasty to treat Cervical Spondylosis Myelopathy 3 months ago. It is my greatest fortunate to have Dr. Yoon to operate on me. He is a dedicated and talented surgeon. Immediate after the surgery, muscles tightness of my lower legs disappeared. Two months after the surgery, tingling and numbness of my both hands had gone. By reviewing his bio, I learnt that he is an outstanding physician and has won the ISSLS awards twice. He was very caring and knowledgeable. He patiently listened my concerns and answered all my questions. I was well informed on all the plus and minus of different treatment options. I deeply appreciate his time, efforts, and kindness. His nurse, Liz, is also very friendly and helpful. I have been recovering rapidly and am doing well now. I cannot thank him enough for helping me regain my normal life. THANKS AGAIN DR. YOON and YOUR MEDICAL TEAM!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

I have “Cervical Spondylosis Myelopathy,” and I had my surgery done on June 30th 2014. I had spinal fusion surgery on my C4-C7. I am 57 years old. Before my surgery, I was experiencing tingling and numbness in my feet, hands, and fingers. Before surgery I was so, afraid because my MRI showed that my spinal cord was badly twisted and barely showing by a thread. I didn’t think I would make it. Dr. Yoon is a wonderful and gifted doctor. Dr. Yoon listened to ALL my concerns, and he took his time and explained all options that were available to me. As, he sat and listened to ALL my concerns, I could tell that he really cared, and is a very warm and caring doctor. I want to thank Dr. Yoon a wonderful and GREAT doctor for giving me my life back. I also want to thank Liz and Donita for being so kind and patient with me, and for always responding so quickly to me needs. Oh, by the way I am doing GREAT, no tingling no numbness in my feet, hands, nor fingers. Thanks to Dr. Yoon a GREAT and WONDERFUL Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

I had L5-S1 spinal fusion surgery in Sept of 2013. I came to Dr. Yoon for a 2nd opinion and I am so happy I did. I had a great experience not only with Dr. Yoon and his staff at his office but also at the Emory Spine hospital where I had my surgery. Top-notch people who truly care. I recommend Dr. Yoon highly and would send any family or friend to see him. He used a minimally invasive procedure and my recovery was very fast. I am healed and fused and couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

The staff was great! Very friendly, helpful, and punctual. Dr Yoon made me feel at ease,and he was very understanding I feel he is the best doctor for me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

Dr. S. Tim Yoon's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)