Ratings for Dr. Steven E. Phillips

I've been going through this for 6 years, have seen multiple Lyme specialists, and I've made more progress with him in 12 months than I have in the prior years. I think he's a great human being, very down to Earth, not arrogant a t all, and easy to talk to. He just gets it. My only criticisms are that it took a long time to get an appointment, the waiting list was over a year, and I don't think he realizes how smart he is and sometimes he talks a little fast. I think his prices are competitive with the other Lyme docx. When you take into account how he treats with pulsed antibiotics and only requires a follow up every 2-3 months, he actually comes out to be a lot less expensive than the other Lyme docs. I'm so grateful he's my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I've only been with Dr.Phillips for about 4 months, but he has me on a pulsing method for Lyme which I think will be really effective. He is the most caring doctor I have ever met and his office is very prudent and helpful at making sure you have what you need to get things done (suggesting grants, filling out paperwork quickly, etc). He very much listens to you and is respective of your thoughts on treatment as well. Amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have never met a more brilliant, caring, intuitive doc than Dr P. I adore him, have him to thank for getting me to 95% wellness after a miserable year of lyme. He will actually take your calls, call you back promptly (if u have lyme, this is imperative), and give you the time you need to understand what's happening and what to do next. I have been under his care for 7 months and don't know what I'd have done without him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

He is brilliant, relatable & compassionate. A true gift to medicine

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Phillips was kind and thorough. My fear with LL docs is that they will immediately see Lyme no matter what…he went through every page of my medical record quoting studies as he went along…he addresses the complexity of the situation but also is hopeful and optimistic in his stance. What a gem of a doctor!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I was one of his first patience ! He is a brilliant man! And was the first doctor to look at my whole life medical history that Screamed Lyme! I sent him 100's of patience all were please and relieved someone understood this disease! Hey Doc! Miss your face! I am doing great! Carla CC xox

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Phillips is absolutely the most knowledgeable physician I have ever seen, plus he is such a kind and caring person. I've suffered from inflammatory arthritis for years, in chronic, intense, unrelenting pain, and had seen so many other doctors, including other Lyme doctors, without much help. Dr. Phillips was the only one to figure it all out and I will forever be grateful to him. His expertise is awesome, but his personality also makes the journey of getting well that much easier. He's approachable, always answers questions to best that they can be answered, and most importantly, he doesn't make up answers when none exist, which I really respect. I've had so many other doctors give me fabricated answers to questions that I've asked, which now in retrospect I realize were not answerable by current medical science. You don't get anything of that garbage with Dr. Phillips. He's 100% honest, which is a breath of fresh air. I just can't say enough wonderful things about him!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

I saw Dr. Phillips for Lyme Disease and did not find him to be helpful. I felt that his responses were mostly guess work not backed my by much evidence. I understand that Lyme is not well understood, but for the amount that I was paying and I was hoping that "I don't know" would not be 90% of his answers. I am objective and was not looking for sympathy, just some practical solutions to real pain.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I first saw Dr. Phillips when he spoke at University of New Haven about MS. I left there amazed. He connected all the dots and it all made sense. I waited for 5 months for an appointment, but it was worth it. He literally saved my life. When I was diagnosed with MS, I didn't cry. When my neurologist told me I'd probably be in a wheelchair in a few years, I didn't cry either. But when I heard that Dr. Phillips had become disabled and couldn't himself walk due to his back, I cried a lot. His work with MS and Lyme was right on target. My MRI lesions are now 90% better and my neurologic issues are virtually gone, thanks to him. And he was able to do it all with oral antibiotics that were fully covered by my insurance. I just heard that he's returning to practice and I couldn't be happier. I've never come across a more humble, self deprecating, wonderful physician.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I am so upset to hear Dr. Phillips is no longer practicing. I initially started treatment for Lyme Disease with him back in 1999 and I can literally say that he saved my life!! I saw him many years after that but the last few years I feel great so I didn't need to continue in his care. I am now in need to see him again and so upset that he is no longer practicing. He is one of the most knowledgeable Lyme doctors out there and the CT Lyme community has certainly lost one of its greatest. I just hope he is OK. I will remember him always!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Steven E. Phillips's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilton, CT