Ratings for Dr. Louis Bérard

I have epilepsy and GWL thought it would be good to have an evaluation by a psychiatrist. Why you send an epileptic to a psychiatrist, I don't know. Even Mr Berard thought it was odd. However he had no problem writing in his report that "there is no medical condition, no symptoms, no limitations, no restrictions" to return to work. I have been cut off insurance and now the fight begins.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

He's a quack. He writes biased reports to maintain long-term relationships with insurances by providing them with reason reports that would allow them to yank your benefits. He did that to me. Luckily, when GWL sent a copy of Berard's evaluation to my family doctor, my doctor was so angry that he wrote a letter back to the insurance company debunking Berard's comments. Berard is so arrogant and unscrupulous. His diagnosis disagreed with 3 doctors, including my neurologist, as well as a team of 10 psychologists and 3 psychiatrists that followed me. Avoid this man. Make sure your family doctor gets a copy of Berard's letter because you'll need them to address it and make they necessary rebuttals.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I recently met with Dr. Berard for a psychiatric evaluation requested by my insurance company for major depression. Dr. Berard is a gentle, knowledgeable and very professional individual. I found him to be empathic and supportive so our discussion flowed easily. Although some of his questions brought my emotions to the surface, I felt better at the end of our session and I have gained a deep respect for this doctor. Regardless of his report to my insurance company, he is genuinely trying to help his patients and I am doing better every day as a result of speaking with Dr. Berard. Thank you Dr. Berard, best of luck with your practice.

Submitted November 7, 2017

As others have stated he gets paid by insurance companies. His analysis was competent but my issue with him was that he didn't complete my return to work part so two months later the insurance company asked him to complete it. Having spoken to me for only an hour, I found it surprising that he said is initial estimate of 2 months off was adequate and I could return to work. I appealed the decision and won. My doctor told the insurance company that Dr.Berard should have had a follow up with me after not seeing me for 2 months. I was disappointed with his lack of follow up.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr Bérard est a l'écoute, patient et connait très bien son affaire. Je suis satisfaite de ma rencontre avec lui, il m'a permis d'éclairer plusieurs choses.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

J'ai été évalué par le Dr Bérard dans le cadre d'une dépression majeure suite à une difficile séparation d'avec ma femme. Le Dr Bérard a été très compréhensif et il M'a écouté et prescrit des nouveaux médicaments. Aujourdhui je vais beaucoup mieux grâce à lui.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

He is a tool for the insurance industry. He is highly paid for what he does and this IMHO, reflect on his ability to diagnose which is unfortunately, biased and will not reflect reality. Out of several other medical opinions that pointed to the other direction, his was the only valid opinion that the insurance industry will consider. That's life. Keep in mind, there are a lot of fraud artist out there that makes fake claims for financial gain but the innocent claim should not have to bear the consequences. He will put a brave face in the meeting but his body language tells me otherwise. He does have feelings and is indeed sympathetic, However, I did find a soft and gentle side of him declaring the what he was going to write on the report to the insurance company was not in my favor. I simply thanked him for his honestly but reminded him that I will be contesting all material biased against me. At the end of the day because my claim was a valid one, I won my case but at a heavy price that nearly cost my life. Do not blame Dr. Berard. Blame the system, the insurance companies. BTW, my ability to read body language is second to none due to the fact I'm almost deaf beside having a highly analytical mind not to mention a decent IQ. As for the insurance company, one can file a complaint to the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) which is the body mandated by the government of Québec to regulate the province's financial markets and provide assistance to consumers of financial products and services. They have proven helpful to my case against the insurance company and I strongly suggest to those who feel they're been over powered and gravely injustice by the insurance company to contact AMF among other legal bodies. In retrospect, had I met Dr. Berard in different circumstances, should he converse with me , I would surly enjoy his intellectual conversation. I bear no hatred toward him but a sadness that such a waste of energy where he could better use of his ability to provide more to those in need in a different environment. Good luck to all. God Bless.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Ce médecin est un profiteur et un être infatué qui se croit très intelligent et regarde les gens de haut. Ses études ont été payées par l'armée, il a travaillé pour l'armée et il a une attitude tout à fait militaire. Il se prend pour le général en chef. Il fait des interprétations sauvages 30 secondes avant la fin d'une rencontre et referme la porte derrière vous avec un sourire diabolique. Il n'est là que pour l'argent, les gens ne l'intéressent pas, il n'a aucune empathie et est du côté de ceux qui sont puissants, l'armée, les compagnies d'assurances. Je me demande comment il peut dormir la nuit et se regarder dans le miroir le matin. C'est un homme autoritaire, arrogant et prétentieux dont il faut se tenir loin! Il est dangereux.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

JE CROIX DANS LE SYSTEME MEDICALE IL Y A D BUSE PAR DIS EXPRIT IL SONT PAYS PAR L ASSURANCE POUR EVALUE UNE PERSONNE JE CROIX PLUS EN PLUS L ASSURANCE ABUSE AVEC LA COMPLICITE DE MEDECIN COMME DR LOUIS J BERARD Paid by Desjardins Sécurité Financière IL NE DEVRAIT PAS PRTIQUE LA MEDCINE PREPERABLE TRAVAIL COMME MAFIA D ASSURANCE

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Berard is dangerous. He only cares about the interests of those who cut him a cheque. He is cold and arrogant and rude. His office is dirty and the chairs are ripped, there are stains on the carpet. If he can't even take care of his own office, how incompetent is he? He works for a prison, he's hard and if you can avoid seeing him, and if you can see another doctor instead, PLEASE DO, do it for yourself. Dr. Louis Berard is unhelpful, unkind and inhuman.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015