Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Eppley

If I could give him less than 1 star I totally would. I went to see him bc of the reviews I read online. He initially told me I needed surgery but it would take him 1 year to get to me. 1 year? Really? Well, needless to say I had to find out why the need to suffer for a year in order to have him as a surgeon. I suggested that he do some inner self analysis to discover why people were suffering over a year to have him as a surgeon. It is bc he is greedy and over extending himself. You would think for as much as he charges you could expect the best of everything, treatment, care, etc. Upon awakening from surgery I realized that something wasn't right with my hand. I brought it to his attention when I saw him and he and his PA shot one another a look, like uh oh, and he without even examination said , without looking me in the eye, give it a week, then it was a month and now it could be a year. I cannot work with only the use of one hand, I am a photographer. The morning after the surgery, I was in the ladies room when he came into my room to release me and he barged right into my bathroom, with my under ware around my ankles bc he was inconvenienced by my use of the restroom. He couldn't be bothered to wait for me to finish peeing, which only would have taken less than one minute had he chose to be patient. I have not seen him since then, only his PA. He couldn't be bothered with me, no reassurance nothing other than you have nerve damage, I didn't have nerve damage before the operation. My primary care dr had to call them to get them to refer me to a hand surgeon and a neurologist to try to help me. My surgery was April the 19th and my hand is still no better than the first day I had the surgery. Today he had someone call me to tell me that if I did not pay him 300 by next week they would not see me again. I am unable to work, thanks to this man, and now they are not at least going to see me through until the end? I am finding an attorney. This is just wrong. Do not go to this Dr. He has little or no bedside manner and his sense of caring as a healer is non existent. I feel like he nor his staff have one thought of care for my well being. Do yourself a favor and don't believe all the hype, he believes it. I think it has gone to his head. I regret ever stepping foot into his office. And he is going to regret ever messing up my ability to make a living.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I travelled all the way from Drayton Valley, Alberta Canada to have knee surgery with Dr. Eppley in Oakland, CA. I did a lot of research on him first, and came to the conclusion that he was the best. I was not disappointed - he IS the best. His staff are extremely professional, efficient, caring, and friendly. Dr. Eppley himself, could not be more charming - he is personable, patient, kind, and caring, and above all, a BRILLIANT orthopedic surgeon. I would choose him again in a heart-beat. It would not have cost me anything to have this surgery in Alberta, but I would not have been able to get it done for at least a year - by then the damage would be done - permanently and likely irreversibly. It was well worth it to make the trip to California for surgery with Dr. Eppley. (Note that I am almost one month post-op and everything is great)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Eppley for over 20 years and I will absolutely not let anyone else touch me with a knife!! He is not only an EXCELLANT surgeon but also a very kind and compassionate person. I first went to Dr. Eppley after another, highly rated, orthopedic surgeon botched an ACL replacement by putting in a screw that was to long and it created cysts in both my tibia and femur. I am a very active person and, unfortunately, have injured myself numerous times skiing,cycling, playing tennis, and racket ball. Dr. Eppley has had to do two rotator cuff surgeries, several knee surgeries and repair a broken ankle with a plate on me---- all with no negative results. I would highly recommend DR. Eppley and his wonderful staff---Gaye DeRusso is the best too!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about Dr. Eppley and his staff. All of them were extremely helpful, polite and compassionate. Gay Russo administered my knee injections with a great deal of expertise and I felt practically nothing each time. These medical professionals know what they are doing and they behave with kindness and knowledge. Dr. Eppley at first prescribed surgery for a torn meniscus, but after viewing my x-rays decided surgery would not help and thus we cancelled what would have been unnecessary surgery.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Dr. Eppley is highly skilled and very highly rated by all who have been helped by him. He is caring, precise in his words and his actions. He has taken care of my husband in 2009/2010 (Clavicle, rotator cuff AC joint) and me in 2013 (Humerus). He is probably the best if not among the top 1% of ortho-surgeons in the USA. I was very lucky to be able to benefit from his skill.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

We have had one of the best experiences ever in a Doctor's office from their welcoming staff to their scheduling staff, their X-ray tech and of course Gay the PA & Dr. Eppley were not only at the top of their game. They were also gracious and caring. No question was too stupid & calls were returned w/I 24 hours. I had my lftknee totally replaced on Aug, 14th 2012 & then when my rt knee started painfully locking up, Dr Eppley fit me in at the end of Oct for a full rt knee replacement. We can't sing their praises loud enough! I am an almost 65 yr old woman & can now keep up with my 5yr old & 10 month old grandsons. If I ever needed orthopedic surgery, I would run, as now I almost can, not walk, to this office.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

WHAT A GIFTED AND FANTASTIC SURGEON! i HAD TWO SHOULDERS WITH 2 AND 3 FULL ROTATOR CUFF TEARS. HE AND HIS WONDERFUL ASSISTANT - GAYE- ALLOWED ME TO SWIM AGAIN, LIFT WEIGHTS, AND FEEL TERRIFIC. HE KNOWS SHOULDERS IN AND OUT.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Eppley and Gaye. I had a badly torn rotator cuff which caused great pain. They turned a difficult surgery into a successful result. I am impressed by their competence and professionalism coupled with genuine care about me as a patient and person. That is a very unusual quality combination and much appreciated by me. Their office is efficient and responsive as well as kind and caring.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I can not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Eppley and his team. I had my ACL done back in Oct. Dr.Eppley was kind, caring and responsive. His PA, Gaye helped me immediately when I had a problem. The office team are superstars as well. Thanks to Dr. Eppley and his team, everything is great now. Such a great doctor and a wonderful team.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Dr. Eppley was referred to me, for my shoulder replacement surgery, by a now retired orthopedic surgeon who had done my arthroscopic work on my knee. The retired surgeon had major shoulder surgery done by Dr. Eppley and said "he is the best--use him". I found that to be absolutely true. Dr. Eppley is an "artist" as a surgeon, highly skilled, excellent communicator and a very "caring" doctor!!! He, and Gaye DeRusso his superb PA-C, and his entire staff are absolutely outstanding. I highly recommend them. Gary Koehler, Pleasanton, California. sug

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr. Robert A. Eppley's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

AARP