Ratings for Dr. Francis X. McGuigan

Dr. McGuigan is an amazing miracle worker who saved my son! I had taken him to 18 doctors over 2 years before we met him. We had been to every specialist in the DMV plus Baltimore & even DE to see "the best of the best!" My son had endured multiple injections, months of PT, been told the pain was in his head and to suck it up. Dr. McGuigan listened to us, explored all possibilities and realized it had to be scar tissue in his ankle joint and operated. My son is healthy and playing sports daily!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Achille's Tendon surgery - quick, fairly pain-free and efficient. Excellent patient education. As with anything these days - get educated about your condition/disease process and be prepared to engage in the process. It's your responsibility as a patient!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. McGuigan and his staff make surgery and a hospital stay seem like a vacation . Excellent Dr. And Staff. The time and care he took with me cut my recover time in half. I greatly appreciate his wonderful uplifting attitude.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. McGuigan took the time to carefully assess and diagnose what had previously been misdiagnosed over the course of six months. By the time he got hold of my foot I had a hole in the plantar and two dislocated toes. Surgery was scheduled quickly, conducted with little fuss or pain; and thirteen months later I am on my way to my first half marathon in two years! He is straightforward and to the point, no nonsense. He takes the time to carefully explain what is happening and the potential outcomes if something is done versus not, and what are the options. I highly recommend Dr. McGuigan and would take my foot there first. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

I would recommend Dr. McGuigan without reservation. I had a very successful experience with him this year. He listened, explained why my procedure was necessary, and answered every question that I had. He has a wonderful bedside manner; I would use him again.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Excellent orthopedic surgeon! Dr. McGuigan performed ankle reconstruction surgery on both of my ankles a few years apart and the results have been great. Everything about my experience was positive--the courteous staff, his knowledge and ability to translate complex medical terms into digestible English, his ability to help me manage expectations for recovery, etc. I am now 4 years post-op on one ankle and 3 months for the other and expect to resume sports/activities in the next couple of months. I am pain-free and strong/stable in both legs now. I highly recommend Dr. McGuigan for anyone having foot/ankle issues.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Had an achilles issue that bothered me for years. Doctors I saw couldn't help much ... until I saw Frank McGuigan. This guy's a star. Quickly assessed my problem and over the course of 6 months, eliminated it. Quality of life has improved enormously and I am grateful to him, his friendly staff and the wonderful and friendly folks at MedStar Georgetown for all the terrific help.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. McGuigan is a skilled, knowledgeable and serious surgeon who healed my leg that had been broken for more than 19 years--it was complicated and very few other surgeons would even have attempted to help me. I would highly recommend him to anyone with a foot, ankle or tibia problem. Either Dr. McGuigan or a member of his staff returned every call the same day and in every appointment he answered all of my questions. He is kind but is a no nonsense guy-- he isn't going to baby you or entertain you, he is going to tell you the truth and heal you. I'm walking on a leg that some said would never heal and I am incredibly grateful to him. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a great doctor.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Good experiences and excellent results with several foot surgeries over the past 5 years. Explained options and listened when I asked questions.. Returned calls over a holiday when I had questions after surgery. I would recommend him to others without hesitation. I walk without pain thanks to him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Thorough, personable, spends time with and going into detail. Provides detailed explanations to questions and excellent follow-up. I would recommend him to anyone who had a need for his specialization.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Francis X. McGuigan's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)

Delta Dental