Ratings for Dr. Vishal Scahdev

I went to see this doctor because of carotid artery surgery requiring a stent. He personally called me the next day to tell me that Medicare refused to pay for the surgery, Dr. David Talton refused to do it, either we had to pay for it out of our pocket, referr me to another facility, & would like to do a MRI brain scan for possible TIAs. I called Medicare & discussed the coding to the lady & was told it was a surgery that would be covered. I called & talked to a lady that works with Sachdev, told her about the coding, payment from medicare, & was told I have already had TIAs. Now, it has been 10 days, I still haven't heard from anyone about a surgery date, nothing at all, & my artery is blocked 85%. Am afraid to let a doctor that does this take a chance with my health/surgery.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

My mother had open heart surgery. Dr. Sachdev is the absolute best. She was not doing well, but when I came in, she began to improve. He let me stay in the CCU with her for hours. He is a fine man, and a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008