Ratings for Dr. Dean C. Brick

Dr. Brick did my second cataract surgery. He obtained optimal results after getting my prior laser surgery records, which my prior doc,(Snyder), failed to get, resulting in less than optimal results from my first cataract surgery.I retain full confidence in Dr. Brick after several periodic checkups.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Unwilling to treat even after referrals from my optometrist. Blew me off and did not give me the time of day.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Dr Brick isw vey knowledgeable & has performed cataract surgery on me & my wife.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

As much as I like him and his quirky sense of humor and he is smart, I wonder if its time for him to retire. He doesn't seem very interested anymore and as a result is taking shortcuts, jumping to conclusions, missing things, and making mistakes. and while one assistant is excellent-kathy-if you get others, good luck getting past triage; if you had a knife sticking out of your eye they'd tell you you can wait 6 weeks. Sorry doc, but you missed that I had a macular hole even tho I showed you the optomap photo where it was clearly visible.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Have had two cataract surgeries, '04, and follow up laser treatments in '08. He also saw me the Saturday after Thanksgiving '07 when I developed huge floaters; eventually diagnosed with retinal detachment (by a retina specialist), though a prolonged and very thorough exam that day did not reveal it. His droll sense of humor fits me just fine, and when combined with expertise and surgical skill, is an excellent physician!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

Does not have the best bed side manner but his knowledge makes up for it! Front office girls need attitude adjustment

flag | Submitted February 7, 2006

flag | Submitted November 17, 2005

Dr. Dean C. Brick's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1972)