Ratings for Dr. Thao Ong

Lacks personal skills. Unable to explain his own thoughts. Impatient. Autistic like

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Thao is an excellent surgeon with great care of his patient and is meticulously demanding of his staff to make certain the patient's care is the primary focus

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I do not recommend him due to my past experience with him.His wife is also not professional when she deals with patient

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

This guy rushed my surgery and left me with ugly scars. I now have to spend hundreds of dollars for scar revision surgery. Do not recommend. I recommend some one who will take a little more time and care

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr Ong looked after me in hospital with a perforated bowell followed by colonoscopy. This man has a great bedside manner and genuinely cares about you the patient. To say I am extremely impressed is an understatement , Very gratefull for his great service. I've dealt with other specialist who could take a leaf from his book on his complete dedication and care.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Good surgeon, clear communication, damnable timeliness, kept 5 patients and family waiting all day for a 10.00 am release. Does not communicate timing at all well.

Submitted June 23, 2016

I presented a Private ED after getting limited help at a public hospital, not the doctors and nurses fault as they were extremely busy. I was recommended Dr Ong by some nurses and the doctor at the private ED. I was admitted and saw doctor Ong on his early morning round, he took me on as a patient and left admission instructions for the hospital, it was straight forward, quick and well managed. I have since seen doctor Ong at his rooms and he always has time for concerns and has returned calls when needed. Highly recommended and very patient welfare focused.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I fell quite ill whilst overseas and returned home requiring medical attention. I was referred to Doctor Ong after presenting at a Private hospital Emergency Department . Dr Ong arranged to have me admitted to hospital and attended to my treatment and eventual Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. Rarely do I bother to submit a review on anything, but I came across this rating site by searching for Dr Ong's phone number. I was extremely impressed with Dr Ong's knowledge and he explained all aspects of my illness and possible causes and outcomes very clearly. He cared for my wellbeing and I was very confident in trusting him to get me back to good health. He explored all aspects of my illness and helped me through a very difficult two weeks. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I found Doctor Ong to be very knowledgeable and helpful professional. He diagnosed me almost immediately and scheduled a surgery in a very short time. I would definitely come to him again should I require an assistance of a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Just fabulous extremely clever but able to explain details clearly, very kind great bedside manner lovely humour and I would recommend him to anyone with bowel and similar issues

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015