Ratings for Dr. Joaquin C. Brieva

I have had only positive experiences with Brieva. Diagnostic accuracy is most important to me and he has been right on the mark for 3 different ailments. I once went to someone else at his office and she was absolutely terrible--I now see only him. He has been friendly, courteous and listens. My conditions went away. The best outcome in my case.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Brieva never personally examined me (he was in the room but stood about 10 feet away) so he completely missed what turned out to be skin cancer after I went to another doctor and was immediately diagnosed. He was nice, friendly but simply missed the boat on my diagnosis. I would not go back to him or recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Brieva by my internist and have seen him for approximately five years. I couldn't be happier. He's a very friendly, upbeat guy who appears to be very knowledgeable. I have always felt free to discuss any concerns with him and have always felt that he was being completely honest and forthright. I would never hesitate to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

I went to this doctor for six months, because I had a very severe skin problem called Atopic Eczema. He put me on a strong, experimental drug for several weeks, that could have potentially destroyed my kidneys. I told him several times that I felt the outbreaks may be due to the foods I was eating and other allergy triggers. He told me I was absolutely wrong. I only got worse under his care, and he eventually started yelling at me and treating me horribly. He then sent me to the emergency room, saying "I give up with you!." I got smart and went to another dermatologist, and allergist, who confirmed my suspicion that the cause of the eczema was food-allergen related. My skin soon cleared up completely within weeks. Today, I barely use any medicine at all! I realized that I was right all along, and that Brieva was not only totally incompetent, but cruel. Going to him not only made me extremely ill, but degraded my self-esteem as he treated me like it was all my fault.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2007

Appointments and services were of the high quality one used to experience in the past. He never seemed rushed or dismissive during appointments or surgery. He gives to a patient feelings of confidence and relief that you are in the care of a physician who knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

I had an excellent experience as this doctor's patient.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2005

Dr. Joaquin C. Brieva's Credentials

• Univ Del Norte, Fac De Med, Barranquilla, Colombia (Grad. 1983)