Ratings for Dr. Roy J. Meckler

Dr. Roy has helped me tremendously in managing my multiple sclerosis symptoms!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have been a patient of dr Meckler for 12 years. Prior to him I had seen two other neurologists who where unable to answer questions or explain what was going on with me even after weeks I. Hospitals. He is above and beyond for me. Always thorough and kind. I have friends who see him as well. I believe anyone who doesn't love him has obviously not seen other neurologists. He is simply the best!!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Roy Meckler for six years,for my MS. I was thinking about moving to another state so I would be closer to my parents, but I didn't because I didn't want to change doctors. I always have a good experience when I visit his office. His staff is so helpful and Dr. Meckler is a delight.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

This incompetent oaf began every session by slamming my file on his desk and yelling "Spend-down!" since he wrongly believed I had no insurance. He never bothered to read my very obvious family history, or even to perform the simple oculomotor tests he supposedly is an expert in, or even to fully and correctly perform standard tests that would have diagnosed me. When I asked him to arrange a second opinion, he sneered that I should go to Johns Hopkins Instead, he continually ordered useless MRIs which made thousands of dollars for his office's holding company. This horrible man misdiagnosed me for almost 18 months, causing me incredible agony and actually preventing me from ever fully recovering. The two neurologists I eventually consulted on my own were horrified at this supposed doctor's utter incompetence upon reading my files. They diagnosed me correctly after two visits and a handful of tests.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Meckler has provided me excellent treatment for MS for many years. I have virtually no disability because he has provided prompt interventions when needed. He typically returns patient calls in the evening of your call. My only concern is that he sometimes recommends more testing and treatments than I feel I need...I do NOT want an annual MRI! But, he is highly knowledgeable AND truly caring - how often do you find both of these in a medical specialist?

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

He misdiagnosed my fiance and she died from MS. When I called in when she passed out I was told to let her sleep it off. He later told me I should have called an ambulance any time she was unresponsive for more than five minutes. She had been going to him for Two years and he could not explain the leasions on her brain. He first said she had Loupus then Syrogrens.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Dr meckler saved my life. In 2001 I was improperly dignosed for weeks! Finally I checked out of a hospital and went to his office.HE promptly put me in the hospital. In three days he had a diganosis. Viral encephlitis! In one week I went home ,with many months of recuperating I am now doing wevery well. Dr meckler thank you so much ,you are my hero.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

Dr. Roy J. Meckler's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)