Ratings for Dr. David L. Brown

Dr. Brown is a caring and expert surgeon. He cured my leg pain that has kept me in my house for the lat 13 years.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I am 14 months post-op, and this was the worst experience of my life! Having a Surgeon that blatantly tells you he doesn't know how to resolve complications, or disregards you because he thinks you're exaggerating a condition, (as per his own notes in my medical records) isn't exactly what you want to look for when considering such drastic surgeries. I have no feeling underneath each arm, my breasts, my nipples, or my arm pits. I now suffer from lymphedema, a condition caused by being sent in for a second surgery, after a misdiagnosis by Brown. I owe over $15,000 in medical bills, AFTER insurance has paid their portion. I've spent months in physical and occupational therapy, and have to have manual lymph node drainage massage, due to the damage caused to my body. Please reconsider. And do your research!

Submitted February 8, 2016

What a caring and talented surgeon. I had some complications at another hospital and went to UofM for help. Dr. Brown saved me. I can look in the mirror again. I owe him so much!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Dr. Brown was very knowledgeable and kind. He took all the time I needed to explain what I needed, and how things would likely go. He has a good bedside manner and a friendly personality. His staff are wonderful. I recommend him to anyone looking for a good plast ic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Great Doctor! Very educated and all around great guy! He roots you on, till your all better! A+++++++! Awesome doctor and very helpful, lets you know you are not alone!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. David L. Brown's Credentials

• Spanish

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)