Ratings for Dr. Robert P. Good

Dr. Good treated my knee pain with injections for a couple years, totally open to my decision to forestall surgery until my level of pain and range of motion dictated surgery from my point of view. My actual surgery-- double knee replacement--brought me to a range of motion that allows me to move my knees as I did before I had knee pain at all. I was very positively impressed by Dr. Good's concern for sanitation, especially during the surgery, to prevent infection. After the surgery, I followed the difficult regimen of exercise that Dr. Good's staff told me was necessary for maximum, enduring recovery. It is now 3 1/4 years since my surgery. My knees are functioning very well, and I feel no pain in them. Before surgery I could not even climb steps. Without the surgery, I would not have the active life nor the career I now enjoy. I am very thankful to Dr. Good and his excellent staff. I recommend him as an orthopaedic surgeon,without reservation.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I had Total Knee Replacement to right knee in Jan 2010. Today (2 years later), I find that the knee presents just about as much pain & limited range of motion as it did before the replacement. When confronted with this situation, I have found that the Dr. and his Tech Asst both have little guidance or concern. Basically their counsel to me is take (2) Alleve & rest it. I'm now to the point where I think I'll have to have it redone. Very disappointing, given that it's only 2 years out from original surgery. Bottom line: if I have to do another knee, Dr. Good is the LAST doctor I would consider. Rothman Institute is a far better bet for Orthopedic Surgery in the Phila area.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Robert P. Good's Credentials

Dr. Robert Good is Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Bryn Mawr Hospital and System Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery for Main Line Health. After graduating from Jefferson Medical College and completing his training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in 1978, he has been providing orthopaedic care to the residents of Bryn Mawr and the surrounding area. Dr. Good is a Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. He is a multi-recipient of the Osler Teaching Award from the graduating medical students at Thomas Jefferson University. Also, the orthopaedic residents at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital have recognized Dr. Good as an “Outstanding Teacher and Role Model”. He is past president of the Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society; has served as one of the team physicians for Villanova University since 1980; and has been recognized many times by Philadelphia Magazine as one of the area’s “Top Doctors”. His area of expertise is in reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in Bryn Mawr, PA