Ratings for Dr. Thomas Waltz

Dr. Waltz performed a Laminectomy on my back more than twenty years ago. After the short recovery time, I can honestly say that all these years I never had a problem. Seeking opinions from several doctors as soon as I met Dr. Waltz I knew he was the right one to do the operation. His professionalism, compassion, and the respect he demonstrated in listening to my concerns made me feel at ease at a very stressful time of my life.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

I was a young and very scared mom when Dr. Waltz performed a laminectomy on three levels of my lumbar spine 22 years ago. He indicated a fusion "might" be needed in 10 years, but because of his surgical skills, this has proved unnecessary to date. I've made the flight from Seattle to San Diego twice to seek his opinion when other doctors prescribed C-spine surgery. I trust his opinions above all others. He has never failed to be totally honest, and to exhibit a complete understanding and knowledge of my condition, yet with the ability to provide explanations in layman terms.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

He did my cervical fusion and was wonderful! I call him "Dr. Awesome" he is so skilled and so nice. What a wonderful, respectful experience I had with him, and my neck feels so much better!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007

Dr. Waltz changed my life and probably saved it, too, since he performed a right side lobectomy brain surgery to cure me of epilepsy in December of 1994. He is a wonderful individual whose knowledge, bedside manner and professionalism are wonderful traits that have undoubtedly helped many people over the years. I know that my life would not be the same without his efforts.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2006

Dr. Waltz is a brilliant, skillful. knowledgeable neurosurgeon who has golden surgical hands in addition to being a kind, lovely gentleman. Works at the Scripps Clinic & Research Foundation.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2004

Dr. Thomas Waltz's Credentials

• Vanderbilt Univ Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37232 (Grad. 1958)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America