Ratings for Dr. Wen Chao

Dr. Chao did my ankle surgery a few years ago and I've been in tremendous pain ever since. She ruined my life!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I have diagnosed with bilateral sinus tarsi syndrome and tarus tunnel syndrome. After several months of treatment with Dr Chow I am now looking for a new Doctor. On an average I had to wait 1 hour to 1 & 3/4 hour every time I went for a visit. That is because she over books too many patients per hour. I felt she was the director of a "patient factory" . Through several ultra sounds, x rays and orthopedic inserts. Nothing has worked . My problem is complicated and Dr Choa should of told me she could not fix this problem. However she wasted my time . I can not recommend this Doctor. She has horrible bed side manners.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I would be willing to wait for hours to have Dr. Chao treat any foot or ankle injury. After doing much research, she is absolutely the best doctor for my daughter. After 8 months of constant pain, Dr. Chao was willing to see my daughter and give us hope. She is going the conservative route first, but the injury will mostly likely require surgery. I would have no reservations of having her perform the procedure. Everyone was excellent and very kind. I can understand people getting frustrated with waiting, but don't you want the same time for your concern?

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Totally nasty after she was not able to persuade me to get an unnecessary surgery on a hairline fracture. Called me day & night to talk me into that surgery. WhenI decided against it (thank God-it would've been a BIG mustake), she, reluctantly, handled the cast needed. Was unattentive, very cold, treated me horribly, was never available for questions. Made me wait hours to be examined for the boot. I have never in my life encountered such a nasty, cold, rude doctor. (And I lived in several countries).

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

It's sad to say but, I am in Chronic Pain 24/7 due to the surgery Dr. Chao did on my Big Toe 1 year ago. My big toe does not touch the ground, it is still NOT Fused, it is 2 times larger than my other big toe & my toe next to the big toe is all messed up , because it is acting as my Big toe.( which I learned from seeing other doctors) She told me that my pain was nerve damage & there is NO nerve damage. ( Per Testing) I am now trying to choose a doctor to fix what she did and I am scared to death. She ruined my life!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I am amazed about people complaining about waiting. You spend a day for a condition you could have for the rest of your life & your in a hurry! Da

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr. Chao has the bedside manners of an Angel. Skill above and beyond! Thank You! R. Jay Nester

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Do not go to Dr. Chao! She did a terrible job on my surgery and permanently ruined my ankle.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I am sorry to see all these negative result. I had two previous docs and several complications from a previous doc surgery. They took my case, in fact durning lunch and was noted that I had a serious infection. I went three months with now walk due to the previous surgery. To two weeks surgery with Dr. Chao...walking. I am 4 weeks post op and almost fully functional. This women is AMAZING. Her bedside manners are the best I 've seen in a long time. You will wait b/c she does spend the time needed to treat each issue when you get in there. I was seen by her every 4 days for 3 weeks... Every time great care!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Worth the wait! People who get tired of waiting are called lazy! Get a smartphone and you'll be fine! She is the best doctor I have ever been to! I recommend her to everyone! Thank you thank you Dr. Chao!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Wen Chao's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1990)