Ratings for Dr. Richard Mones

He was my pediatric GI for years and wish he could still remain my GI, but I love him. Went through countless ups and downs (including a very long stay at MMH) with being diagnosed with Crohns at a young age and he was there for me as a physician as well as a compassionate person. I felt he was my only positive advocate on the medical end by not enforcing surgery like his colleagues did. I am forever grateful to him, his staff, and the Goryeb Children's Hospital. I recommend without reservation.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

We were very unhappy with our experience with Dr. Mones. He did not accurately interpert the test results from a diagnostic procedure and missed a very straight forward diagnosis. His error was picked up by another physician eight weeks later when we went for a second opinion. Dr. Mones became arrogant and pompous when he was unable to find a medical cause for our child's symptons. He stated there was no physical reason that our child should be in pain so the issue must be "anxiety related". A week later our child was diagnosed with a very treatable condition by another pediatric GI doctor. Our child's very painful condition was remedied with a simple prescription within two days of seeing the new doctor for a second opinion. We wasted three months with Dr. Mones. Shame on him for being incompetent. Shame on us for letting it go on so long. Stay away from Dr. Mones.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Highly recommended. Great bedside manner not only with our daughter but with us as well! My only complaint is that it took over a month to get our first appointment. Luckily we make our follow up appointment 3 months in advance- so you won't have this problem for your subsequent visits. And she loves his necklace too!!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

Dr. Mones was a blessing as we dealt with our little girl's bout with UC. He was knowledgeable and his bedside manner couldnt be beat. He wore a necklace around his neck that had little farm animals in it and they would move when it was opened. he truly understood that he was working with children and was so kind to our baby. It has been 2 years since we've seen him but our daughter remembers his kindness and his necklace.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Knows how to put kids at ease. Knows his job, loves his job. Good doctor!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

My toddler had been diagnosed with GERD, GI dysmotility, feeding/oral aversion and other GI and immunological disorders. She was underweight, vomiting often and not eating. We had a GI team (consisting of a GI and a feeding team) we loved at another hospital; however, they stopped accepting our insurance. We were referred to Dr. Mones and we were told he was highly regarded. We went for our first visit with Dr. Mones and, after he flipped through her chart (literally), he snapped the folder shut and told us there was "nothing" wrong with her and that my husband and I needed to "learn how to deal with normal toddler feeding issues". He was quite arrogant in his manner and actually rolled his eyes at us at one point when we questioned his quick dismissal of her GI issues. He said her vomiting was "behavioral" and recommended a book on toddler feeding by Ellyn Satter. He further said that we should discontinue feeding thearpy with her and that

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008