You may also like

Rate Dr. Joseph G. Jemsek

Dr. Joseph G. Jemsek's Ratings

There are not enough words to thank Dr. Jemsek for what he has done for my daughter. He is a very caring doctor who absolutely SAVED MY DAUGHTER'S LIFE. WE LOVE HIM.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2837002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

The man is absolutely brilliant! Best Lyme dr in the country

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Jemsek claims he is an expert in his field but he basically throws antibiotics at you, along with narcotics to deal with the pain and expects you to get better. There is so much more to the mix in order to recover from Late stage Lyme disease. He never even talked about probiotics, yeast, basic things like that. He was haphazard in what he prescribed. He wrote me a script for Lamictal w/o even titrating me up. There is a risk of Stevens Johnson syndrome w/o titration, which can be fatal, and he never said a word about it. In addition, his bedside manner is very brusk. On top of it all, he is WAY overpriced. I see a wonderful Lyme Literate Medical Doctor who is reasonably priced (since Lyme treatment is usually paid out of pocket) who takes time to discuss all of my treatment options and has empathy for my situation. He is easily accessible, unlike Dr. Jemsek and his office staff. Dr. Jemsek's office is very poorly run and inconsistent. I would seriously think twice if you are considering going with him to treat you with one of the biggest battles you'll ever face in life. God bless.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2802978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

About killed me and the staff is horrible! If you want to go bankrupt and possibly die from line infections, he is the doctor for you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2802970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Normally I would write a quick review like “Very professional and knowledgeable. Very affective treatment. The quality of life for me and my family has greatly improved since starting treatment under the care of Kim Fogarty. She is kind, knowledgable and competent. Tara Fox treated my daughter and she too is very competent. I recommend this clinic for anyone who suffers from neurological lyme and associated coinfections. Thank you Tara Fox, Kim Fogarty and Dr. Jemsek” Read on if you would like a more in-depth review.

I have been a patient of the Jemsek Clinic for three years. I first started seeing them for my daughter. She has Lyme and coinfections that have caused her to have hand tremors. Sometimes the tremors were debilitating. Because she had heard that neurological lyme did not exist, she wasn't as vested in the treatment. which admittedly were very tough on her. She wanted a quick fix, a pill. Who doesn't? She was a HS student in her Junior/Senior year and it was a real struggle to keep her to the protocol. When she did take them, she improved both mentally and physically! Many thanks to Tara Fox for the topnotch care she provided my daughter. I started being treated by Jemsek/Kim Fogarty in solidarity with my daughter. I knew I had it based upon my symptoms and MRI. After being under the care of a neurologist with the diagnosis of "possible MS" for 15 years with gradual deterioration (loss of use of left side (arm & leg), memory loss, brain fog, etc) of quality of life, I decided to pay attention to the "OR" of the MRI diagnosis. "white matter lesions consistent with possible demylination disease OR Lyme". When I scheduled an appt for myself at the clinic, my daughter and husband were miffed. Initially, I received very little support from my husband and questionable support from my daughter. He too believed that neurological lyme did not exist. He was more accepting of the diagnosis of "possible MS" and my slow deterioration then Lyme. No one came to office visits with me however Kim Fogarty was very supportive and wrote whatever extra notes I needed to make sure I would remember her instructions correctly. Poor baby, right? Not really. It hasn't been easy. As a matter of fact, it was the hardest path I ever had to walk!! Between making several lifestyle changes, loving despite feeling so alone, taking so many pills, and working through herx's & nausea, I may not have stuck with it if Kim Fogarty wasn't so darn good at what she does. At one point, I stopped treatment for six months because I just needed a break. Working a full-time job while struggling to keep the herx from overwhelming me was and is sometimes all I can in a day! When I jumped back in because my symptoms were returning, Kim was very understanding and I got back on track and have stayed there ever since. The takeaway from this note is that my daughter DID get better under Tara's care but stopped her treatment upon entering college. She may have to restart later on when she's more mature. She knows where to go and I'll go with her if she'd like. I am doing better. So much better! The strength on my left side has increased and I feel stronger. My balance is better and the pain has subsided in all of my joints. The greatest gift though is my mind and elevated mood. I can now remember driving directions (sounds silly until you can't), names & faces, add numbers in my head, recall words. No more firecracker fast rage, no more suicidal thoughts, no more dampened life expectations. In a strange way, I'm glad my husband wasn't so involved in my treatment. He understood when I needed rest, supported me by ensuring our financial stability and listened to my occasional venting. He wasn't on the many roller coaster rides of treatment but stood by watching to make sure I arrived safely back at the loading zone. I love him dearly. I still have a ways to go with my treatment but the path is clear. Stay the course, detox, eat right (gluten-free), minimize alcohol, and listen to Kim Fogarty for as long as it takes. Thank you Dr. Jemsek. Thank you Tara Fox. Thank you Kim Fogarty. Thank you husband.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2792877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

My entire family has Lyme. It took me years to get a diagnosis. We finally made our way to him after seeing many doctors (in Canada and the US) and 3 LLMD's because we were not seeing much progress and had been referred to him many times (by other doctors who thought we needed more specialized care and fellow Lyme patients alike), but the wait list and cost of the initial visit were deterrents since 5 are in treatment. His office is one of the few that will see children, and after the kids had not improved elsewhere, we bit the bullet, (which is really not any higher than any other LLMD really) and were seen right away. They send detailed written copies of each visit, pages in length, which is worth its weight in gold if you have Lyme. Keep in mind, they like to see you stable before starting treatment, so do what you can to get yourself somewhat balanced, since treatment is aggressive (but WORKS!!) but they don't want to start it if your body is not ready. So you should start getting things under control, if possible, while you wait for a visit. Take your supplements, start getting your sleep improved, body detoxed so it can handle Herxheimer reactions. It will save you some time if you have those things in place the first visit. I have to say, for the first time ever we are improving, and not backsliding. Many LLMD's try to replicate his approach, but he is cutting edge and is forever tweaking your treatment with the latest protocols to treat biofilms and nasty coinfections, and trust me, we have seen a LOT of different approaches. This is the first time we do not feel like we are one step forward, two steps back, but a steady improvement. We adore all of the staff, and love Tara, she is truly amazing. Just saw Rachel for the first time this summer and think she is incredible too. I finally decided to see Dr Jemsek himself because I needed to hear his prognosis because I have had this for 40 years, and completely trust him. He is not phased by the level of disability we have, and know we are in the best hands... finally. I cannot tell you how good that feels. My only regret is that we did not get to see him sooner, thinking that all LLMDS are the same, even the good ones, or that we had treatment that was pointless for so many years. We wasted SO much money by NOT seeing him first. And if I was just speaking as one patient, my opinion would be far less weighted but I speak for 5 of us, and have seen remarkable improvement in 1 year as opposed to 5 years elsewhere. The entire office is supportive, and understand the challenges of Lyme, no one makes you feel stupid or scattered, and every attempt to help you is made, walking you through this maze of treatment, nutrition, detox, and resources. They are all very knowledgeable and incredibly talented healers who listen carefully and cure the sickest of all people. I am living a mother's nightmare, having her kids close to death on many occasions, and battling this myself as well, and for the first time ever, I think my kids will have a life, and my fear for their futures has settled into a knowledge that they have a avenue to health and advocacy even if I am not hear to blaze the trail for them. I feel like we have found "the" right doctors.

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2623639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I join the other patients here and wish to thank Dr J and most especially Kim Fogarty for giving me back life and joy and peace and freedom. Kim Fogarty is exceptionally smart and her treatment plans are well thought out. She listens very well and probes with questions to really understand symptoms and as you go further into treatment, she is very understanding of antibiotic side effects and works towards a balance between progress and comfort. She really did save my life

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2547911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

This man, with God's help, saved my life. Yes, I'm still in treatment, but he helped me get from almost perpetually immobile, routinely blind, deaf, dumb, in seizures, paralyzed, and sometimes *clinically dead* to a level of recovery-in-progress that literally makes my family and friends (not to mention me!) weep for joy! We still have *much* to do, but he is brilliant, dedicated, personable, and extraordinarily creative when it comes to finding solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems. His thoughts as a researcher, scribbled on an envelope, are worth more than many major scientific publications! As one might expect with anyone operating a huge practice, sometimes new staff can take awhile to learn how things work, so be sure to get to know his core staff, who are extraordinary, also brilliant, and very compassionate people!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2543391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

There is absolutely no one else like him....... He is brilliant, he is very busy and you should call during office hours and go; you will not regret it---I was a former IV nurse for him in Charlotte and witnessed miracles.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2538993].votes_count ]]