Ratings for Dr. Marcelo R. Rivera

Dr. Marcelo Rivera is a very kind patient doctor. Staff is very officiant and goes above and beyond for their patients.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I come to see Dr. Marcelo for three years because his treatment is very right to my illness; he is very experienced and smart, and would like to listen to patient's situation and update his treatment plan if things got changed; plus his medical knowledge is very wide. I also introduced my wife under his treatment later.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Very unprofessional clinic. My review is not on the doctor per se but on his clinic. I made an appointment over one month ago for my son so he could get a referral for a surgery. I called twice in the meantime to see if by any chance they would have an opening from someone who might have cancelled. Unfortunately they didn't so I had no other option by to anxiously wait for the appointment. Well...the appointment was supposed to be tomorrow and I got a call from their clinic saying that they have to cancel the appointment because the doctor had an emergency. Well...it is understandable....emergency happens, so I said ok, when is the next available appointment...I was thinking that it would be 3 or 4 days from tomorrow after all how long can an emergency last without them calling a substitute. She said my son would be seeing August 14th...that is over six weeks from now. Sounds more like doctor is taking a vacation than emergency. Very unprofessional of them. Dr Rivera you are are in a business where people are sick...it is not clothing store.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

He is a very kind and knowledgable M.D.who follows his patients closely and relates to family and includes them in any decisions.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

He had always been critical of me when I would return for a visit and had not completely followed his directions. This always made me want to do better and not disappoint him. My last visit he got angry and yelled that I was wasting his time. He is a much older doctor and needs to retire.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

This doctor was not interested in what I had to say. I found him to be discourteous and abrupt. His manner was of someone who was ready to retire and found dealing with patients a nuisance. I would never go back to him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

excellent doctor.very conserned with problems.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Dr. Marcelo R. Rivera's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1976)