Ratings for Dr. Max P. Benzaquen

I appreciate Dr. Benzaquen very much for his knowledge and warmth.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

Would not recommend! Diagnosed me with a chronic condition, despite not having any relapses and didn't do any tests. Apparently I just wasn't recovering quick enough for him. No explanation. When I had to change my insurance due to my age (26), his best idea was 'get better insurance'. Like....really? Sorry that I can't afford better insurance. He also recommending getting a full time job....after he should know well by now my problems walking/standing for long periods of time. When I would ask him when I could get off a certain medicine, all he said was 'when I tell you to'. Like....really???? Also his new staff is rude.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Frustratingb experience. Never seems to actually read the chart before seeing me, so he asks me when my next infusion is and how many steroids I'm taking. Uh, you prescribed to me, it's on my chart, so you should know. Luckily I have to find another neurologist due to various issues. Won't recommend.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Best doctor I have ever seen. He was the only doctor to properly diagnose my illness. I would trust Dr. B with my life!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Excellent doctor. Extremely intelligent and knows what he is talking about. I would recommend him to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Great doctor kind smart and listen a lot. I keep going.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

It remains to be seen as to whether or not he can help. What I found incredibly objectionable was that I went in for months long migraine and he almost immediately asked, "Who is your psychiatrist?" I replied (with my ears ringing from the migraine, not sure I understood), "I beg your pardon?" He repeated himself and explained, "Your face, it is wrinkled, you look unhappy." Is he a total idiot? I've been in pain for months! I actually do laugh, smile at times. Am I to laugh, joke? Actually had one dr tell me dr's dismiss me b/c I smile & laugh too much. Now, this! I'd been waiting for an hour, I was supposed to what - get cosmetic surgery or use Botox? What a jerk. I'm wincing from lights, that's called a MIGRAINE. He's a neurologist and should know that. Horrifying. I'll put up w/ it if treatment works, but - wow.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

I have seen Dr. B for 6 times in the past 2 years. Everytime I go in, he has a different diagnosis. He turns his back on me and never answers my questions. My condition has gotten worse, so I went to a different Dr. I am now getting the correct help that should have been given by Dr. Benzaquen. I do not recommend going to him.

Submitted May 2, 2011

I've been going to Dr Benzaquen for years now and have been very satisfied.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. Max P. Benzaquen's Credentials

• Spanish

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal