Ratings for Dr. Samuel Shatkin

This man is a criminal. Run as fast as u can. I think that any of the good reviews about him on this page were probably written by him or his corrupt, dishonest staff. I initially went to him because of his high patient reviews. When I met him he was arrogant and condescending. He showed me pictures and since I was inexperienced, I was sure to ask questions. I TRUSTED his recommendations. Immediately after the procedure I knew something was wrong. I looked like I belonged in a circus and he is the ring leader. I'm in terrible pain and horribly disfigured.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Samuel Shatkin

Dr. Samuel Shatkin's response
I am sorry for your displeasure with our services. I am particularly concerned about your pain and disfigurement. Please contact my office to set up a consultation to review your concerns so I can help to manage your problems.

Submitted July 12, 2016

After numerous visits for medical facials, laser techniques and other procedures, I became very comfortable with Dr. Samuel Shatkin and his incredible staff. They are all very professional, knowledgeable, efficient, courteous, helpful, caring, honest and reliable. The office wait times are reasonable and they will accommodate your schedule as needed. Upon inquiring about an another procedure, it was Dr. Shatkin who found a problem other doctors I had been checking with and mentioning this to for years never discovered! Futhermore, for other non-cosmetic surgeries I had to get consultations with multiple doctors before I felt comfortable having a particular professional perform the procedure. However with Dr. Shatkin, I will never need to seek out anyone else, because I trust him completely. He not only located the hernias I did not know I had initially (which were caused by a previous GYN surgery), he even found another hernia I was unaware of during the procedure and fixed it! The results were amazing. I now have a core and abs that can support my frame, my back and my exercise routine. Dr. Shatkin and his nurse, Kathy Ackerman, are not only concerned about aesthetics but also with the health of the whole body, and have adopted the Transitional Lifestyle and nutraMetrix Supplement regime which I used, produced great results and I highly recommend. Dr. Shatkin has an incredible office and bedside manner, is readily accessible in the office or on the telephone, answers all your questions completely, provides any necessary follow-up care and is really the only Plastic Surgeon you will ever need! Five stars in all categories! KMMAL

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Samuel shatkin and his N.P were great! They both made me feel comfortable. Not to mention Dr.Shatkin called sever hours after my surgery to see how I was feeling. However, his staff behind the desk are rude and snippy. I feel uncomfortable calling and asking questions. They are truly unprofessional, they don't smile, they give you attitude and talk down on you.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr. Shatkin and his staff were terrific. He was on call whenever I needed him. My results from my tummy tuck is amazing. My whole core and waistline is like it was before I had any children and I had three C-sections with very large babies. I can wear tighter clothing and look so much slimmer and feel much more confident. Another amazing benefit I never expected from this surgery; I have no more backaches which I always had before. I had three herniated discs in the past and had to go for Physical therapy and always had problems for many years when sitting for more than 30 minutes, getting out of bed in the morning, I would get up from sitting or laying and I'd be walking bent over and my back would be hurting. I haven't had a back problem since I had this surgery and it will be one year in April. I believe once he ties up your separated core it now acts as one unit and it is very beneficial for your back.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr Shatkin and his staff were wonderful.They made me feel comfortable immediately and I felt no apprehension or embarrassment about having the procedure done, The results were amazing andall I could have wished for. My thanks to Dr Shatkin and staff for their caring and concern. Sincerely Lil W

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Sam Shatkin and his entire team are top notch. Not only is he the very best at what he does, but I also feel like he has each individual patient's best interest in mind. From the minute you walk in until the minute you leave, everyone is friendly and caring. I highly recommend to my family, friends and anyone looking for the best plastic surgeon. I would not trust my skin care needs to anyone else!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Submitted March 20, 2015

I've been going to dr shatkin for a few yrs for skin care. I have great results that look natural. The cost isreasonable and the staff are very helpful. He has his patients best interest at all times. i wouldn't switch to anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I am almost 4 weeks since I had my lower facelift and as I have not had any other plastic surgery, have nothing to compare against so my comments are simply based on what I have read online from other experiences. I chose Dr Shatkin because he did a similar procedure on someone I know and after meeting with him felt comfortable based on his many years of experience and as he has done this specific procedure hundreds of times ( approx once per week since starting his career). I had met with a doctor in Toronto that had very good reviews and he had only done approx 15 - 20 facelifts. As well, Dr Shatkin performs this procedure using twilight anaesthesia which was also appealing to me as it carries less risk. Dr Shatkin provided me with a lengthy list of instructions of which I followed to the letter. Some of my stitches and staples were removed after 5 days and the rest after 10 days. My incisions are barely visible at this point and I am starting to feel better.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

The staff is helpful and pleasant! They always answer any questions I may have in a profession manner.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr. Samuel Shatkin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Samuel Shatkin Jr., MD is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Buffalo and Western New York, and performs all aspects of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He is the medical director of Trés Auraé Spa in Williamsville, NY owned and managed by his wife, Joni Shatkin, and oversees services there as a consultant. He has presented his surgical and non-surgical techniques nationally and internationally and has won numerous awards in the field of Plastic Surgery and Advanced Skin Care. He has been in private practice since completing his Plastic Surgery Training in 1989. His major concentration is in the areas of Aesthetic surgical and non-surgical treatments and Advanced Skin Care. He trains health professionals in his aesthetic techniques. He is Director of the Aesthetic Associates Centre for Plastic Surgery and Advanced Skin Care in Amherst, New York.

Delta Dental