Ratings for Dr. Shlomo Raz

I went to UCLA for urinary incontinence problems. My intuition warned me to run but Dr. Shlomo Raz is only two hours away and I heard he was the best so I waited 7 more months before I could get an surgical appointment. Dr. Raz told me that mesh is still the gold standard and the strongest material used for a mesh bladder sling so that was his plan for my incontinence. When I was being wheeled into the surgical theatre Dr. Raz told my husband that he can not legally implant mesh because all patients are lawyers so he would have Dr. Ja Hong Kim do that part of my surgery. I woke up from surgery in severe pain but wasn't given anything to help. Dr. Raz said not to worry this too shall pass and sent me home. I was in constant pain, I couldn't be intimate with my husband, and still can't. Dr. Raz promised he would always be here for me but would not even take the time to reply to my emails except to tell me to see Dr. Kim to let her tidy up the mesh. I had much trust in Dr. Raz, he left me broken. I went for an out patient procedure and Dr. Kim was very rude and wouldn't take the time to answer my questions and didn't report to my husband. She cut the extra mesh that she left when she implanted it and threw the cup in my face to show me how much she took out. She said that she leaves extra material so she would have some to release and to help with future leakage. She was laughing an sarcastic laugh when she was leaving and said that I had lowered her success rate and the only reason I had problems is because of the uneducated support groups on the internet have convinced me that mesh is bad. She told to me not to return to see her or Dr. Raz for follow-up care or treatment. I am waiting for an appointment to see Dr. Veronikis in St. Louis Missouri. He was very kind and willing to help me. He has already spent more time talking to me and explaining things me and my husband than all of my time spent at UCLA combined.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

He is just the best in his specialty. It is rare to find doctors like him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Raz is by far the kindest most compassionate doctor I've ever been to in my life. The wait to get an appointment is very long but so worth the wait. I had been to numerous doctors that were not able to give me any answers or help. Dr. Raz performed a very tedious surgery to remove the vaginal mesh that had been tearing my insides up and causing me excruciating pain. My quality of life has greatly improved because of his expertise. I will forever be grateful to this man. I wish all doctors were as caring as he is.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I believe dr.Raz and his staff were the most wonderful caring compassionate people I've ever dealth with. They knew exactly what they were doing the entire time I was there.. . I had surgery nov. 26th of 2012 by dr. raz and from the time we arrived they were there with me the entire time. From pre - op to post -op and when I was in recovery until Tuesday morning when I left about 8:30 .. Dr.Raz was there to answer any questions .. His staff were all very very friendly and helpful and would get me anything I needed ... They definitely know how to do there job ..... I would recommend them to all my friends and family . Truly a compassionate group of people ... Thank u to the staff in the urology department .. I appreciate all your hard work u do for so many everyday. !!!' god bless :)

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Dr. Raz is impressive. I've been to 2 urologist before him, both misdiagnosed my condition. Facing life long catheterization, I was refered to Dr. Raz. Based on the symptoms I described on the patient questionaire and my age, Dr. Raz diagnosed my condition as a Bladder Neck Obstruction, even before he entered the examination room. He had me do a Urodynamic test that confirmed it. He seems to have very keen analytical abilities, able to focus on what matters while not being distracted by other symptoms that don't matter. The other doctors I've seen were just not that good or maybe not that experienced in more severe cases. I have TUIP surgery scheduled in a month - and hoping for a good outcome - no pills or catheters.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

I thought there was not hope for me. Damages due to anothers surgeons mistakes. He is amazing . I continue to improve and have great confidence in this one of a kind Dr and staff.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Raz displays character, dignity, generosity, humanity - he is what everyone seeks in a surgeon. Kind, helpful, utterly dedicated to resolving your condition. He has performed several urological surgeries on me. I would recommend him to anyone with urological problems.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

I am an RN & flew across the country to see Dr. Raz as no doctor could figure out what was wrong. Dr. Raz knew within minutes of first exam, then MRI & other tests confirmed. Dr. Raz was kind, assuring, and confident my pelvic floor could be rebuilt. I am incredibly grateful.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

He is an excellent Urologist. I have had instertitial cystis since I was a kid and I never had anyone listen to me about my pain. Not only did he listen, give me pain medicine...but he gave me a surgery and diet that has changed my life. I am thankful I found him. He is also very punctual.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr. Raz saved my life. I'd had 4 other surgeries by another doc. Dr. Raz saw me within 1 week, and I was in surgery within a month. I needed a very specialized surgery (to fix a problem a GYN created) and Dr. Raz is the best. He literally created the procedure for ureter reimplantation. He took my concerns about pain mgmt seriously, and I had wonderful care. The nurses treatment at UCLA hospital left alot to be desired, but Dr. Raz was tops!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr. Shlomo Raz's Credentials

• Univ De La Republica, Fac De Med, Montevideo, Uruguay (Grad. 1962)