Ratings for Dr. Gary Neal Butka

I have been seeing him for about a year now. I was very sick last year and in the hospital. He found a very rare condition that saved my life. However now that I am a regular patient, I have been sick for the entire course of a year. He does nothing about it. I wait forever for my app. You cn have an appointment at 8:00am and not leave until 1:00pm. He does not answer questions. He conducts numerous diagnostic tests, however he only revies his charts once a week that is if he gets to yours. His staff never returns phone calls. My prescription have been messed up with errors. I have no answers after a year. The earlier comment about him leaving and never returning is exactly correct. You leave his office still sick and with no answers and with no hope. My name is April McAbee. Dr. Butka, if you read this know that I think you are very gifted, but you do not take care of your patients. You are trying to strecth yourself to thin at the cost of addiquate care.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2007

Has always been very helpful, pleasent and professional with all my family. Has way too many patients and not enough staff in his main office. He is well liked and a super intellangt person. My family has been seeing him for nearly 15 years.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

Perscription pushing doctor. Perscriptions are used as a pacifier in his case. Always have to wait hours and hours even though appointment is made weeks in advance. His office was undergoing major remodeling for way too long, and it was very noisy and uncomfortable! Impossible to communicate affectively! He will state that he is stepping out to check on pharmacy, or to speak to staff, and implies that he will return. He never comes back to room after leaving. This is dishonest and rude, and does not allow for any possible questions to be addressed. Medical conditions have to be related to phone staff, and several nurses before being then put in an exam room to wait even longer. I feel uncomfortable relating health problems to strangers over the phone in this manner. Cost does not match effectiveness by any means! Patients are treated like cattle in his office!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2006

ALWAYS HAVE TO WAIT LONG TIME TO SEE. FOR HOURS!! DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAD APPT. FOR WEEKS IN ADVANCE. BUT HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE & THERE ISN'T ANYONE ELSE THAT KNOWS WHAT HE KNOWS.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2006

Dr. Gary Neal Butka's Credentials

• Escuela Med Militar, Mexico Df, Mexico (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Brownwood, TX