Ratings for Dr. Oscar Tamez

This guy should have his medical license revoked. Something didn't seem right when he said surgery was needed for issues I didn't have symptoms for. I did some research and found out he had a malpractice suit during his residency. This can be verified by looking it up on www.tmb.state.tx.us I spoke with someone I know in the medical field and was told this doctor has a bad reputation for performing unnecessary surgeries. It's scary to think how many people let him do surgery on their children. I wouldn't risk going to this doctor let alone take my child to him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Being a mom of 3 preemies I have had my fair share of Drs appointments, therapies and procedures. but I have never felt more welcome then at Tejas Ear Nose and Throat. From the front desk to the assisting staff to Dr Tamez himself were all welcoming. I was a littler nervous to have my kiddos seen by "another" specialist, but once I met Dr Tamez he held my hand the whole way through. He is not only a Dr but becomes you're friend. He cares about the well being of every patient. He is a father of three and he understands the hesitations and worries we parents getting when our kiddos are having surgery. My 15month old had a couple procedures with him and we are 100% satisfied. She is a totally different kid now, in a good way. We were and are happy with Dr Tamez's recommendations for the surgeries and will be back for the other two in the near future. HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR TAMEZ AND HIS TEAM!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr Tamez needs to get his ego in check and try to remember why he became a Doctor in the first place. He seems to have forgotten the basics of patient care.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2012

Dr. Tamez is great with kids. Both my kids had tonsils removed and tubes. He did great with them. The only bad thing I have to say is with the billing. They took several months to get my money back that I had over payed.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

I have yet to be seen at a reasonable time for an appointment. 2 hours past appointment time is a bit too long for me. Also, when you finally get back to see Dr. Tamez, he rushes you along and makes you feel as if he has no time to answer your questions. My five year old daughter is on her second set of tubes and is now bleeding from one ear (a year later) and his staff rudely told me that he didn't have time to see her. I'm moving on to someone who will be interested in quality care and not money!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

HORRIBLE experience. Operated TWICE on my daughter for simple removing tonsils! Said she required 3rd surgery. After 1st surgery she threw up CUPS of blood 10 days after! Rushed to emergency where no one knew why she was vomiting so much blood! I still hear her screaming in pain & terror. After 2nd surgery, 10 days later, he left skin in her throat where food got caught & she was choking! Visit to his office said she needed a 3rd surgery. Husband got mad & he called security on my husband. Real nice guy! Where'd he get his training. DO NOT GO HERE OR USE HIM!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

I love this office. Absolutely a fantastic experience. Highly knowledgable physician and the staff is friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

I have been in the care of Dr. Tamez for chronic ear infections. Dr. Tamez first prescribed Singular, which I have been taking daily for the past 2 yrs. I last saw Dr. Tamez around Jan '07 for yet another ear infection and he told me the next step would be to have a tube put in my left ear. In Feb '08 I went on a skiing trip to Colorado and had severe pain in my left ear after landing in Denver. Upon my return to Austin, I contact Dr. Tamez' office to schedule the surgery. They checked my insurance and then told me I would need to come in for a hearing test first, which was not covered since I hadn't yet met my yearly deductable. When I questioned the need for this test and asked the receptionist to check with Dr. Tamez as I had already had my hearing tested with them, I received a call the next day saying I should find another ENT. I thought this was very unprofessional and have no choice but to conclude that Dr Tamez is more concerned w/ his bottom line than w/ patient care.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Very nice person and listens well. His audiologist is also good to work with. The billing was different than I was ued to so it took a bit longer to schedule the surgery, but the entire office staff was polite.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2007

This doctor was very helpful,answers all questions,very polite. Takes the time to talk.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2007

Dr. Oscar Tamez's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1993)

Champva