Ratings for Dr. Maria Chou

Dr. Chou has been a wonderful help with my arthritis. From the front desk personnel to the office staff that helps her. I have had knee pain for several months. I called her office and was greeted by a very nice young lady that helped me secure an appointment in her Greenbelt office. I would highly recommend Dr. Chou . She is compassionate and thorough.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Chou is the rudest and most unsympathetic doctor I have ever visited and I have visited a lot of doctors for my health problems. She told me that I didn't have Lyme disease, refused to talk to me about it, and got angry when I persisted. After the terrible experience with her, I found a knowledgeable doctor. The Lyme test (testing 30 bands instead of the regular 10 bands) came back positive and I am finally getting treatment. Doctors like Dr. Chou will tell you that you have Fibromyalgia just to get rid of you. That's what she did to me. Be very wary of any doctor that does that. My current doctor told me that many doctors use Fibromyalgia as a "dumping ground" meaning that they diagnose you with it when they can't figure out what's wrong with you.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

The staff was ok. Should have been more alert and caring,for a type of office it is. The DR herself was more rude. She comes off as she cares, but really talks down at you. She tries to listen to what your concerns are, but it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other. For the type of medicine she practice; she really needs to go back to "bed side" manner school. Being good at what you do, doesnt mean you are a good DR.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Dr.Maria Chou is very pleasant..sadly to say the staff needs training on professionalism and customer service. I have never met a staff that was so lazy and doesnt make the extra effort! we are sick patients,we dont ask for anyhting else but to make our lives more pleasant when we are at the office.I feel deep concerns for the doctors who have patients,that has to do all the work.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

So I was on time for my appointment but had to wait 30 mins because they had chinese food ordered...!!! I believe the whole staff (including the dr herself) had me wait while they ate their lunch because the back room and hallways smelled like broccoli and chicken!!! I will not return and will wait 60 days to see another physician. I also really found her cold and didn't like for you to ask questions... what a waste of my time and copay and will speak to my insurance company.. On a positive note, i did enjoy the nurse who did the bloodwork..

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

The staff is the coldest, rudest that I have ever come into contact with. They do NOT follow up on anything, so if you don't call in yourself you will never hear anything back. Dr. Chou is great though, I hate that she doesn't have control over the staff. She listens, and gives feedback. She doesn't make you feel like just another patient.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Worst staff and doctor ever. I had the worst experiencing seeing this doctor and dealing with her office staff. They are the rudest people I have ever dealt with in healthcare. Take my advise and avoid this practice as much as you can.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

The doctor is fine. But the receptionist is cold and rude. The doctor is patient with the patient, giving basically satisfied answers to question asked.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

I find the office staff to be generally cold and bordering on rude. I love the nurse takes blood--she's the best. Dr. Chou has always given me the time I've asked for and has encouraged me to take ownership of my care--even when that means I arrive with more questions and expect more time. I like her and respect her knowledge.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Maria Chou's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1999)

HealthFirst