Ratings for Dr. John P. Weaver

Dr. Weaver performed surgery on my lower back after another surgeon left me incapacitated. Dr. Weavers surgery was a success and I was able to return to work and live a normal life. Several years later I needed another surgery on my neck. This surgery was unsuccessful and only worsened my condition. My right arm has lost half its strength and my right hand is almost completely numb. In my particular case he did a great job on my my back but I can't say much for my neck surgery.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I had surgery previously by another Worcester neurosurgeon and he didn't speak much to me. To this day, I'm not even sure what was done to my lumbarb spine. Thank God that I looked for another surgeon and had a co consultation with Dr. Weaver. He was amazing. He actually talked to me and explained everything thoroughly! I need major surgery and Dr Weaver is now the only surgeon i will trust .

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I have had previous surgery by another well-known Worcester neurosurgeon. Though I've heard he's good, he did not have much of anything to say to me. He was very quick and to this day, I'm not sure what my surgery consisted of. In light of this, I scheduled an appt. with a new neurosurgeon which my trusted PCP referred me to, Dr. Weaver, and he actually "examined" me thoroughly and explained my MRI's AND even explaied my options. He was wonderful. I definitely need major surgery on my cervical spine and Dr. Weaver will certainly be my surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

I had my initial consultation with Dr. Weaver today. Both him and his assistant, Sharon, were terrific. Questions were thorough. Explanations were in layman's language and very concise. I walked away knowing exactly what my options were and what I need to do next. Important: this doctor, although a neurosurgeon, did NOT push surgery on me and instead focused on what was already working for me and what non-surgical options I have to prevent my condition from worsening.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Dr Weaver has a wonderful manner about him and he makes you feel as tho you are his main focus, however,he is so busy and overbooked that you have to take a day off to keep an appointment. He performed some back surgery on me and then his follow up, unfortunately, was done by his NP and then the waiting game began. His aftercare is fairly good, as far as his office getting back to the patient but unfortunately, did nothing to help me. He does have a very good rep as a surgeon, tho.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2006

Dr. John P. Weaver's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1986)

GHI