Ratings for Dr. Elena F. Kandel

More like a beauty salon salesman than a physician.I left this office feeling awful about the status of what we call a doctor today.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

i was not happy with this doctor. she seemed more eager to leave and go back to her desk then to help me with my skin issues. I felt as if i was getting charged per question. it seemed as the staff was working harder than the doctor.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I went to Dr. Kandel for my eczema and help with skin rejuvention. She was attentive, sincere, and extremely helpful. My eczema is under great control and after a few minor procedures, my face looks ten years younger

flag | Submitted August 19, 2007

I went to Dr. Kandel on the recommendation of my GP for my yearly skin cancer screening. I was not asked to disrobe and so stood fully clothed in the examining room when she finally deemed to grace me with her presence. She did not introduce herself and remained standing half way across the room as if I had a contagious disease. By the few cursory glances she cast in my direction it was clear I could have had a grape fruit sized tumor growing out of my forehead and she would not have been able to diagnose it. I could have done a better job of screening myself with a flashlight and a hand mirror. I'm not sure how this woman ( I refuse to call her a doctor) received 2 favorable reviews (possibly family members?), because she doesn't seem to know a patient from a house plant.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

Very sweet and understanding of patients needs and concerns!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

I've struggled for years with adult acne. I've tried acupuncture, several Dermatologists, Facialists, Nutritionists...it's frustrating. One's skin is the first thing people notice and it is very humiliating when there is something "wrong" with it. This individual treated me with utter cruelty. She didn't introduce herself when she walked in the door. She barely even touched my skin to examine what could be wrong with it. She accused me of wanting raised moles removed for cosmetic purposes. She prescribed me a topical ointment that cost $140.00 that my insurance wouldn't cover. I have never experienced anything like this from a health care practitioner. Clearly, there is something wrong with this person. She might have been a whiz at the university, but in the real world, she is a failure. She lacks compassion, sensitivity, and consideration. I strongly urge you to find someone with a heart to deal with your delicate skin issues. I left there feeling humiliated and discouraged.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2006

I had a great experience with Dr. Kandel. I had visited other doctors for my adult acne and found them to be more interested in selling me a 'treatment' of some kind for thousands of dollars. After I tried a few creams that didn't work I went to Dr. Kandel. She was very courteous and knowledgable. She put me on a couple of creams for Rosacea and that seemed to work well, but not perfect. Then she recommended a prescription antibacterial soap. This worked REALLY well. So well that I have dropped one of the other drugs - on her advice. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. She seemed like she was willing to put in the time to figure out the problem instead of steering me down the wrong road for needless treatments. Her office, on the other hand, seemed like it could use some design sensibility and the wait is unpredictible. The longest I had to wait was 30 minutes and I was irritated. But my skin looks great!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2005

I waited an hour and 20 minutes. I wanted 2 moles looked at. She seemed rushed and implied that I was lying about how long one of the moles had been present. She removed the mole without explaining what would be done first. She would only remove one mole, even though both had similar symptoms of growth and bleeding. She suggested I visit a plastic surgeon. When I asked her about my adult acne, she said I had rosacea, wrote a prescription for a $200 a month treatment and refuses to write a prescription for something cheaper unless I come back in. She didn't even explain what rosacea is, just wrote a prescription and sent me away. She is cold, uncaring and completely uninformative. I highly suggest going elsewhere for care.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2005

Dr. Elena F. Kandel's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)