Ratings for Dr. Mohammed Gaafar El-Mallah

Dr. El- Mallah delivered both of my children and was the most amazing doctor. He always treated me with respect and the upmost care.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. El-Mallah is the first doctor I've seen over the past 7 years of trying to get medical help, who correctly diagnosed my problem and was able to cure it surgically. He is knowledgeable and thorough, very caring and compassionate. I'm so grateful that a friend recommended him to me after a good experience. My years of suffering are over.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

First, let me say that I am very surprised to see some of the not so great ratings for Dr. El-Mallah. In my opinion, he is an excellent doctor - very intelligent, highly experienced especially when it comes to complications associated with pregnancy, extremely caring and a genuinely nice person. I first met Dr. El-Mallah during my first pregnancy a couple of years ago and most recently, he was my primary OB/GYN for my second pregnancy. My husband and I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. El-Mallah. When I was diagnosed with placenta previa during my second pregnancy, Dr. El-Mallah was one of only two doctors in the practice with the most experience with this condition. He always went above and beyond to answer our questions or make himself available to us. He also has a very calming bedside manner and always made me feel comfortable and safe. While he does speak with a bit of an accent, his communication skills are top notch. I highly recommend him as a doctor!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Please do not see this doctor if you value your own health. I have severe endometriosis, and when suffering from a second bout after a first bout was confirmed by surgery, he refused to treat me and told me that I likely felt better after my first surgery due to the placebo affect - in other words, it was all in my head. A second surgery confirmed endo again. I've had several appointments with Dr. El Mallah, and he's never treated me for my complaint of pelvic pain. He doesn't answer questions, he is patronizing, condescending, and not at all knowledgeable. He has said numerous things to me that I know to be false. Once, I called his practice to speak to another doctor, and he answered the page. When I told him my complaints, his exact words to me were 'What the hell do you want me to do?' and told me to go to an ER. He is a terrible doctor, terrible man, and will not help you. Go see someone else!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. El Mallah has been my doctor for several years. He was my primary physician during my entire pregnancy, and he was there for me during a difficult labor experience...always going beyond the call of duty to ensure that I was comfortable and at ease, and to ensure a safe, complication-free delivery. He is a kind, caring, compassionate doctor with a nice sense of humor. He is knowledgeable and extremely competent. He is not one to be checking his watch. He gives you his full attention and he will not leave the room or hang up the phone until your questions are answered and your concerns addressed. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2009

I had major complications during labor and post delivery with my first child. Unfortunately, the entire team of doctors have let me down and nearly cost me my first born child. He lacks communication skills and he has a profound inability to answer patient questions. In addition, the office staff is rude and at times it is nearly impossible to get through on the phone to make an appointment. I would not go to this practice again.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

Dr. El-Mallah really cared about my well being during my pregnancy and especially cared about my child's well-being. After some complications during my pregnancy, Dr. El-Mallah took a caring, conservative approach to ensure that I would deliver a healthy baby. He had me induced 2 weeks early because of these issues and made sure he was the one that would deliver the baby. Prior to that, I was told that my "issues" were no big deal and that I should continue working and they would consider inducing if I were 2 weeks overdue. Because there were problems with the umbilical cord, there was a definite need to get the baby delivered ASAP. I am so thankful that I ended up seeing Dr. El-Mallah because I am not sure that things would have ended so well. The nurses are also very helpful at the practice. However, the office staff are unprofessional at times and it is very difficult to make appointments over the phone.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

My wife and I are expecting our first child and we met with Dr. El-Mallah for our initial prenatal visit. I am not certain if this is rare, but I accompanied my wife into the observation room to participate in the visit. This seemed to irritate Dr. El-Mallah as he made a sarcastic comment about my presence. The visit proceeded nicely and Dr. El-Mallah exhibited a pleasant "bedside manner." At the "end" of the visit, Dr. El-Mallah began to leave the observation room before we could ask questions, but we drew him back and made our inquiries. This, I think, irritated Dr. El-Mallah and his mood changed during this period. He exhibited a passive-aggressive and condescending manner when my wife and I expressed our desire for a "natural" birthing process (sans: pitocin, epidural anesthesia, etc.). He said to my wife, "You will need pitocin to regulate your contractions since this is your first birth and your uterus is not prepared for bi

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. El-Mallah is the most caring, compassionate and kind doctor I have ever been to. I believe that all doctors should have to train with him to learn his bedside manner. He goes above and beyond his duties. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2008