Ratings for Dr. Stuart D. Katchis

After many surgeries foot problem has escalated to where walking without pain is almost impossible. Bedside manner and staff are wonderful, but surgeries have not helped.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Best doctor!!!! So knowledgable and caring! The bunion surgery went great. Will be doing next foot w him soon. E wry post-op

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

This is the worst patient caring doctor I ever met. Lost my paperwork for 11 weeks approved already for surgery.Dr Katchis crew had no idea who I was, AND WHY I was calling.This happened several times.BUT HE WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE PERCOCET YOU WANT, 1 CALL NO PROBLEM ! JUST COME IN.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

They lost my paperwork for surgery 11 weeks it was filed in his draw until I called. Than his whole staff didn't know why I was calling.I had to call them they asked what is this about ! Dr Katchis blames insurance co every time. He doesn't t know what goes on in his office. Go to the Hospital for Special Surgery.Or a VETERINARIAN CAN DO MORE FOR YOU THAN DR.STUART KATCHIS. HE WILL PUMP YOU WITH OXYCODONE, OR DRUG OF YOUR CHOICE.RUN AWAY NOW ! They lost my paperwork at least 5 or more times while continually called.I am crippled today because of not taking care of it properly.He changed the person who does paperwork 4 times in 1 year while I was there causing massive confusion at the patients expense, PAIN & SUFFERING !

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Dr. Katchis did an excellent job with my surgery. He was very caring and compassionate. He understood my injury and explained the process to repair it. He also took the time to learn what I was doing so that we could work on a rehab that was effective for my work and activities. No issues with scheduling or insurance.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Katchis left me in crippling pain in both feet. He was to remove bunions on each foot. I came out of surgery with a wide "V" between the first and second toes. I stupidly allowed him to re-do the left foot. Foot came out worse. His bill was $66K!!! I was living on disability but made monthly payments. Dr. Katchis sent my bill to a collection agency, when, out of anger, I stopped paying! He never responded to my letters. His "assistant" spoke to me threateningly, like a thug. When they realized I really had no money the billing stopped. This scenario began in 2009 and ended in 2010. The only fix by another surgeon was to have my left big toe fused. The surgery on my right foot was unsuccessful. From 2011 until present (2014), I have lived in excruciating pain in the right foot. Altogether I had 3 surgeries on the left foot and 2 on the right. My new surgeon explained the mistakes Katchis made. This creep made into Best Docs!! NEVER see this doc.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I feel great Dr Stuart D Katchis is makes sure he hears all your problems, he cares & explains everything.Great Doctor, BUT he has been my Dr now 10 Months & 3 surgerys.I feel he is doing his best.HIS staff in 10 months left my paperwork APPROVED for my surgery.2 1/2 months & never calling me. I fell in the street waiting to get this surgery.When I called nobody new why I was calling.They have also forgot to fax my paperwork to insurance co another time for 6 weeks.IN 10 MONTH I have been a patient here.His STAFF has left my paperwork done with no call back, or NOT sending papers out total of 4 MONTHS & 2 WEEKS.My papers sat in the OFFICE while nobody in his staff ( Christine) will follow up with a phone call EVER to Insurance Co even to check on what is happening ! While 2 times I fell in the street.10 weeks go by & I must remind them.I am your patient remember me. I was told WHAT IS this in reference to, DUUUHH ! I am left in pain all this time.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

For surgery of toe joint: MD has reasonable manner, takes xrays, explains surgery, answers questions, no major issues with billing or staff. Mn Eye & Ear (where MD has surgical privilege) hospital has very inefficient set-up & no pre-consult, so demand for signatures on legal papers happens 1 minute prior to actual surgery with no glasses or clothes on, hospital feels slap and go. In aftercare, MD takes xrays, does brief review, physical therapy should be prescribed, MD shrugs off. Problem remains, albeit smaller scale, with long-term nail damage added. MD Grade: mixed.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Awful go elsewhere. My foot is all messed up since he operated on it. I needed one simple thing done and he told me I needed 3 things done which were not necessary. I have permanent nerve damage in my foot, and I am unable to wear heels and most shoes even flats, I like in constant pain. This man is friendly and seems to convince you with his friendliness and demeanor but do not let it fool you. He books patients 15mins apart and post op does not know how to help you with issues his surgery caused you and will keep telling you to come back. He does not take insurance nor does the anastesia company.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I have had numerous ankle surgeries with Dr Katchis and his Scarsdale partner Dr Nicholas. They both have always been wonderful. They are still working toward putting me back together but they both make me very comforatable and confident.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Stuart D. Katchis's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1986)