Ratings for Dr. Keith C. Kim

Dr.Kim performed my gastricbypass 12/21/15 and I can honestly say he saved my life. His staff very supportive and the hospital staff provided me excellent care. I did the preop diet it was tuff but the entire process is a lifestyle change. The surgery is just a tool. I wld definitely recommend Dr.Kim and Celebration Health. My only issue is how the vitamin taste..lol. #ThankYouDr.Kim . M.B

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Had surgery with Dr Kim over 10 years ago. He still follows up on me and I can call today and get him on the phone w any questions I may have. Great Surgeon w an unbelievable support staff!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. Kim is an amazing doctor. His staff is always helpful and quick to respond to my calls. A+ program!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Patient advocate is the worst patient care person I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. She schedules procedures then says they can't do it then. Says she will call & NEVER does. Then when I call, she's off that day. I had all pre-op procedures done and now left up in the air as to what's gonna happen now. It's a shame that such a good doctor has advocates like her. She's useless

Submitted April 24, 2015

Initially I had a favorable impression of Dr. Kim and his practice. After the first year, it became apparent to me after more than 50% of my scheduled appointments were rescheduled due to Dr. Kim being in surgery, that the priority focus of the practice had shifted from providing necessary aftercare to lapband patients to surgery on patients new to the practice. I experienced some complications along the way, and Dr. Kim missed an important test result which indicated I needed my gall bladder removed. During my weight loss, I was criticized for not losing faster because of limited exercise, though it was only 10 months after a near fatal car crash. Dr. Kim advised that my band needed to be removed, and then he was unavailable to schedule an appointment for weeks to discuss what needed to be done. I decided I needed to find another surgeon who would place care for his patients at the top of his professional priorities. I cannot recommend Dr. Kim or this practice at Celebration Health.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I had a very good experience with everyone at Dr. Kim's practice, including Dr. Kim except for his Psychologist. I agree with the one post here. This woman has the ego size of Alaska (look it up; it's the largest state in US). She was the rudest of all the people I encountered. I know a lot of people think she's great, but my experience was not good at all. What I appreciate about this group is that they seem very tight and most have worked with Dr. Kim for over 10+ years. That says a lot about the leadership. They do expect a lot of you, but they want to see you succeed, not fail. My only side commentary would be that they should suggest people watch Youtube videos on other people who have had WLS. I think mentally its a great help. The group teaches you what to do physically, but the Youtubers help you on a mental level as far as expectations. It is a life change and food is no longer the go-to comfort/stress reliever. Be prepared. Advocate for yourself!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Very nice until you have a problem or question after surgery. Like night and day trying to get you in with the hard sell especially if you have good insurance. They will blame you if you have a problem so make sure you follow up with other Dr's to verify if you are the problem or if it is something from the surgery. The hospital looks nice from the lobby and outside but the rooms where you will stay after surgery are disgusting and old. Take a tour of the hospital rooms where you will recover and you will see what I mean. Again, what they promote isn't what it is really like. I wish I looked elsewhere- Make sure you see at least 3 different Dr's before making a choice. They have a fancy office but the surgery after care is not too good in my opinion. You will be lucky if you even get to see the Dr. after surgery or on follow up visits.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I had bariatric weight loss surgery. He was very competent and sympathetic. I managed to go from 388 lbs to 144 pounds. I have maintained my weight loss for 7 years. Losing the weight is the easy part, maintaining the loss is the difficult part. Thank you Dr. Kim for saving my life.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

I had a duodenal switch procedure done by Dr. Kim in 2004. This is a specialized weight loss procedure that few surgeons are skilled to do. I can say nothing but the best about Dr Kim. He saved my life. He is very caring and knowledgable and he takes the process seriously. He tells you this is a tool and it won't fix your life. He makes you accountable both pre and post op. If you meet a surgeon who makes this sound easy RUN. If i could give him a higher score I would Btw I went from 432 pounds to 165 pounds.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

If you have problems with your lapband he is not happy!! He wants you to fast for a week or two before surgery. Just liguids!! Don't you think if I could do that I wouldn't need surgery. They get mad when you gain a pound and he really makes you feel horrible about yourself. I kept going back, but everytime I leave I would cry. He has no bedside manner. I had lapband 5 years ago and lost 170lbs. I had the surgery from another doctor in another state. I have done very well and I am having trouble now. He took my $600 and has done nothing for me,but make me cry. Everything he did my insurance paid for it. I received nothing for the money,but my self esteem smashed and ruined. I can not go back. There are plenty of doctors who are just as qualified as Dr. Kim, with much more caring and knowledge about their patients. A doctor who makes you feel good about your accomplishments.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr. Keith C. Kim's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Hospitals in Celebration, FL