Ratings for Dr. Michael E. April

Dr. April is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever been to. His staff is friendly and his office is nice with lots of pain management information. I am so glad I found Doc April 8 years ago!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. April is highly skilled, knowledgeable, caring, personable, and always on the cutting edge of medical breakthroughs and treatments. I've trusted my care to him over the past fourteen years, and learned so much from the techniques used to alleviate pain and other physical trauma to the body. The office staff including the Physical therapist have been professional and polite over the years. And I've never once had to complain about the time or attention that Dr. April or office staff have afforded me. Dr. April listens well to provide an accurate diagnosis, which usually includes several action plans for treatment, especially if there are secondary complications in working with other doctors. I've referred several family members and colleagues who've had very positive experiences with Dr. April and his practice, and they continue to refer their contacts in need of his help. I'm grateful for having met him many years ago to help with enduring pain management issues. And I'm confident in his ability to diagnose and treat my issues now and in the future. Great Doctor!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Dr. April is a life saver. I hate doctors... I habe trust issues, and always feel uncomfortable with doctors. Not with Dr. April. He doesn't talk at you. He cares. Treats you like a human being. Doesn't make you feel like it's all in your head. He knows what he's doing. What more reason do you need?

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. April is accommodating for people who need pain management as a last resort. He was not supportive of my continuing search for a proper diagnosis and treatment. I am now opiode free, have no pain and I am receiving proper treatment for my illnesses and living life again. He was the tool I needed for a time.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

How can anyone say that the doctor doesn't spend any time with you? Two minutes? I'm a patient and have never sensed he was annoyed with me, and he has always given me all the time I need at every appointment. The hour wait thing, that is so very rare. Seriously? Now for the front desk - Show them some respect and they will respect you back. Don't demand things, and im sure those things will get done faster. Just saying. That has never been my experience with the current front desk staff. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror and ask yourself, "am I the problem"? I don't know... But Dr. April is a wonderful compassionate doctor, and I would highly recommend him. That is all. :)

Submitted February 11, 2015

Front desk is absolutely HORRIBLE! Saw him for years, not by choice. Insurance, very few Drs in the area of treatment I needed. Dr doesn't spend time with you. Gives off a general feeling of annoyance with your being there. You wait an hour to spend two minutes win him. Plus you have to deal with his front staff. They never do anything right and they do it on their time. I went a week without my medication because they don't care. I needed paperwork that was supposed to be emailed the same day, months later I still have not received the paperwork. Avoid if at all possible.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

,Dr. April is the best pain specialist. He has helped me endore. my pain . I have. diabetic nurthoththy, ruummathoy. Arthritis, and poliomaligia,

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. April since 2006 and have never had a problem that he could not treat. Parts of his specialties are in pain management. He works hard to make his patients comfortable, even under the most difficult circumstances. You can trust and discuss with him any medical concerns. He is pleasant, caring, and reliable. Also, my request for his attention has never gone unanswered. Based upon my experiences, I highly recommend his medical services.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

For the past 25 years I have played baseball mostly against and occasionally with Dr. Mike. I go out of my way to visit him for all of my sports related injuries, even though he can't relieve the pain of driving to his office from Fairfax. I wholeheartedly concur with all of the positive comments of prior reviews.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. April has been my physician for over 10 years. His knowledge, caring and compassion were huge factors in helping me to find ways where I could manage my fibromyalgia, rather than have it control me. He is knowledgeable and stays abreast of the most current research. He brings a variety of treatments, including acupuncture which became part of my treatment and healing plan. My decision to choose Dr. April was the best decision I could have made in helping me to restore my life to a higher quality level. I strongly recommend Dr. April to anyone who is struggling with pain and who wants to improve their health. He is not only a doctor... He is a coach who truly supports you and who wants to use all tools possible to help you manage your pain rather than have your pain manage you. Thank you Dr. April!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Michael E. April's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Assurant