Ratings for Dr. Kenneth K. Ellis

I have seen Dr. Ellis since the 90s for gastro and Hep C. I also have severe PTSD. I am thankful for his taking the time and effort to know me as a Human Being and make an educated decision about how to proceed with treatment and with LIFE. Dr. Ellis also found a cancer in my colon in 2011 and immediately told me that he did not feel it was colon cancer. After further test by Dr. Ellis and my Oncologist, they determined it was a metastasized cancer from my lung cancer. I had not seen Dr. Ellis in 4 yrs. and called to get a colonoscopy. While there, I told him about my having recently tried the Harvoni drug for my Hep C, and that it had not worked and that they were now going to try a different drug that involved ribovarin. Dr. Ellis said that he would not prescribe that drug for me based upon my PTSD. Well, being stubborn, I tried it and after a month was in deep despair. That is what I mean about Dr. Ellis getting to know you as a Human Being, and knowing what your body or mind will be able to tolerate. Dr. Ellis runs behind on his office visits, because he does take the time to answer all your questions and also to ask you questions so that he may prescribe the appropriate treatment for you as an individual, and not just your dis-ease.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

The staff is really the only thing going well for Dr. Ellis. The bedside manner, amount of time spent discussing issues and care is awful. He will speak in cliches, write you a script and send you on your way.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

My son is continuing to decline under Dr. Ellis' treatment for severe ulcerative colitis.. I am very worried, but Dr. Ellis does not seem to be. A little too dismissive for me.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

One of the Worst Doctor I have seen for ulcerative colitis.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

So I'm not sure if this would be Dr. Ellis' fault but since it's his name on the door, I'll place the blame there. Five years ago, I went to Dr Ellis for a colonoscopy. The follow up was non-existent. I mean that they DID NOT FOLLOW UP. Only recently did I learn from Dr Ellis that everything was okay.So that brings me to my recent procedure, an upper endo. After the procedure, I was told that I had Barrett's Esophagus. That was it. No explanation about treatments (RFA), no indication of the severity and NO FOLLOW UP!!! Won't be going back there!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr. Ellis is knowledgable and personable. He has been my doctor for years, and I would not switch. However, the staff is less than average. It takes forever to get through by phone to make an appointment, sometimes a couple of days. When you call with a billing question, the phone is never answered, and no one bothers to call back. The same with trying to get your prescription. It takes days to get someone to speak with you. Also, you have to pay everything up front and hope you get reimbursed. Again, it is difficult to deal with the billing department. Again, Dr. Ellis is great, but the office staff is below par.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Ellis performed a routine screening colonoscopy. The first appointment was to discuss the procedure. That went fine. He was personable and answered all my questions without being in a hurry. On surgery day everything went on schedule. My only complaint is that he did not personally speak to me after the surgery. He spoke to the person who brought me before I came to who relayed the information. I would rather of had first hand information and an opportunity to discuss the results with the doctor. My other only other issue is price. This is a 15 minute procedure making the cost excessive in my opinion.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr Ellis has an excellent outlook on how his patients are cared for. He is full of knowledge, sincere about his work, funny and makes you feel completely comfortable. I could not have found a better gastro doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Last doctor I would see if you are looking for a liver specialist.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

The best GI doctor I've ever had. He knows his stuff and works hard to get you answers/proper treatment. He's very funny and kind too. So blessed to have him as my doc.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

Dr. Kenneth K. Ellis's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)