Ratings for Dr. John Myseros

For those of you pondering whether Dr. John Myseros is the right Surgeon for your loved one…I say Run, don’t walk for an appointment. Dr. Myseros is a Miracle worker. He saved our son! Our two year old son was diagnosed with a Brain-stem tumor less than a month ago. The Brain-stem is a “freeway of nerves” that controls everything. The news was devastating. Especially knowing, that given the sensitivity of the Brain-stem, the chances of removing the tumor in its entirety was slim to none without sacrificing our son’s quality of life. I was overwhelmed with fear. After meeting with Dr. Myseros and discussing our son’s situation, he was able to ease our minds with his knowledge, experience and confidence in dealing with this kind of tumor. Our hope was that at least 50% to 60% of the tumor could be removed with surgery and the remainder be eliminated with chemo. The outcome was better than expected. The post-op MRI (day after surgery) did not show any tumor….it was gone! Dr. Myseros was able to safely remove it all, while preserving our most prize possession. What a Miracle! Our son was walking just three days after surgery and now, two weeks post-op, he is back to himself with a little extra personality:-) I am so blessed that the path was laid out for us and thankful for the timing of it all. I am mostly grateful to Dr. Myseros for saving our son with the gift of his hands! Dr. Myseros is the "Maestro of Neurosurgeons" and anyone would be privileged to have him operate on their loved one. I know I will be forever indebted to Dr. Myseros, his staff and the folks in the Brain Tumor Department at Children's National Medical Center for their guidence, support and care for our family during a very difficult time in our lives!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Myseros has done two Craniectomy's on our 10 year old daughter Tara. I have never had a surgeon give as much care to "his kids" as this physician does. He is vested in each and every one of them and their families. I am not sure what we would have done without him and his care for our daughter. He is extremely gifted and talented and very knowledgeable in everything that he does. I feel very blessed that he has taken such great care of my daughter that there will never be any way I could ever repay him for all that he has done. Love him and his staff dearly!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Our son was born with tethered spinal cord in 2010. Honestly, we feel blessed that Dr. Myseros was on call the day our son was born. He performed the corrective spinal surgery when Christopher was 11 months old. He is now a happy, wild 3 year old. Dr. Myseros not only cares for his patients, but he cares for their families as well. He is a gifted surgeon and a compassionate human being. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Wonderful doctor one who cares as much for his patients as he does his profession. He is compassionate and caring and brilliant. Anyone who is fortunate enough to have him as their doctor will be beyond happy with the care you gives to his patients.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

my daughter was born with spina bifida and hydrocephuls, Dr. Myseros did both her back closure and shunt. hew was wonderful, i was actually plesantly surprised by the amount of time he was at our hospital since it isnt is main location, he even dropped by on a Saturday. also his staff is AMAZING we have called in with many questions plus see them at spina bific clinics... admittedly in this area there isn't much choice for peditric neurosurgeons but quite frankly we don't need one

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

No better doctor around! Caring, compassionate and very intelligent. We travel a long way to see him because he is well worth it!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

Dr. John Myseros's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)