Ratings for Dr. Dennis Bosco

This was my second time seeing Dr Bosco, last time was 10 or 12 years ago. Dr Bosco is intelligent, friendly and even humorous. He took the time to answer the many questions I had and explained everything that would happen in detail. The procedure was quick, painless, and best of all I have very little memory of it (thanks to IV sedation). Sure, having a tooth extracted is never fun, but if you need to have it done then Dr Bosco is the right man to see.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Worst customer service provided by billing staff. Extremely rude and condescending. Will take my business elsewhere based on the way his staff spoke to me. (Dr Bosco was arrogant but knowledgeable, accused us of only wanting my daughter's wisdom teeth out because of previous braces. Finally believed that she was in discomfort once he saw the x-rays). All in all, I'll trust her teeth to someone else.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr Bosco recently took out all 4 of my wisdom teeth. My consultation was good. He made sure to explain everything thoroughly to me before the procedure. He informed me of the bad things that could happen and their chance of happening. He also briefly went over my history of mental health in the consultation and asked me what he should expect. He then gave me a prescription for pain medication, so I could fill them before the day of the surgery, and a list of things I need to do before coming. On the day of the surgery I was very anxious. My step dad waited in the waiting room for me to stay out of the way. In the room he made sure I was comfortable and explained to me step by step exactly what was going to happen. He was supposed to run an IV to give me something for the swelling. He couldn't find a vein though (I have terrible veins) so he wasn't able to go through with it. During the surgery he was patient. I could tell he wasn't rushing. He was precise and took his time to make sure it would have minimal impact. After he finished the bottom teeth I started having a panic attack. Nothing went wrong I was just really anxious. He told me if I wanted I could come back another day to finish. I told him no. That I wanted it all done at once. I just needed a minute. He respected my space and asked my permissions after a few minutes if he could continue. It was a nice feeling that at any moment I could stop and take a deep breath if need be. He was extremely nice and respectful, making sure I was 100% informed of everything I could need to know. I would recommend Dr Bosco to anyone in need of oral surgery.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

This was a very negative experience for me. The staff was snotty and insisted I was given an X-ray by the dentist who referred. Not only did I not have an X-ray in my position, they suggested my husband drive to my dentist and retrieve it for them. I waited for an hour before I was brought into the examination room and was told I needed to get an X-ray done. I was supposed to have an infected molar removed but was told this was only a consultation. His tone was condescending and he said I should have a root canal instead. He informed me that he hadn't scheduled the appropriate staff for this day and that I'd have to come back if I wanted to be sedated in order to have my tooth removed. I told him I was under the impression that I was just going to have "laughing gas" and certainly didnt want to be put under. He then made a point of saying I would have to have an ecg because "I'm not saying you're old but you are 50 years old". I left there and never went back. It cost me $80 for an unnecessary X-ray that cut my gums when it was jammed into my mouth, and nothing more was done. His bedside manner is atrocious.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I read every comment before attending with my daughter but did not disclose any of it to her (18 yrs old) as I wanted her to form her own opinion without prejudice. The initial exam was uneventful. I sat quietly in a chair in the exam room while he chatted with my daughter and they exchanged in conversation about her university program, etc. By the end of the exam, he invited both of us over to review the x-ray films and discuss the surgical procedure. I believe that some people may mistake what I believe to be shyness for arrogance. My daughter felt quite comfortable with him and decided she wanted to go ahead having him remove her wisdom teeth. We were able to book the procedure for a few short weeks later. You will receive two rx's, each with 2 meds on them. The first, an anti-inflammatory and pain med. The second for two antibiotics to fill if required. An optional return visit appointment is given following the procedure. We attended thinking that all would be fine considering my daughter did not have any pain or discomfort or signs of infection that we were told to watch for. Very glad we returned as there was an infection under the lower incision that was not causing pain but did require re-cutting and draining, antibiotics in the chair and more at home. A week later, the follow-up visit was attended again and all clear given. Although this is no fault of Dr. Bosco and is just my recommendation, I suggest all patients attend the follow-up visit just to be on the safe side. Office staff are caring and professional! Thank you for the great experience!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

awful experience with this rude and arrogant man. I seen him as a teenager for wisdom teeth removal, I have an anxiety and panic disorder with a fear of dental work. I requested to have my mother present during consultations, he belittled me and was extreme rude almost making fun of me. He made a remark that my mother should wait in the car outside for me. Excuse me?? should have been a sign to run. staff were sweet and almost seemed emabrassed by his behaviour. Thanks for ruining Jazz music for me Dr. No manners

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Pay the difference and go to Conski. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Completely satisfied with Dr Bosco's professionalism, knowledge, compassion and client centered care. He employs an amazing staff to compliment the care I received. I have other health issues and he called me at home, after office hours and on the weekend, to ensure I was OK after the two extractions. I previously had been treated by another Niagara Falls dental surgeon, NEVER AGAIN ! The procedure at Dr Bosco's office was relaxed, on time and professional. I pray I never need the services of a dental surgeon again but if I do I will be back.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Amazing dr knew what he was talking about treated me with great respect. Told me everything I needed to know. Staff was super friendly. Really liked the nurse that worked there super nice. Recommend this place to anyone who needs teeth out.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

arrogant,unable to listen, disrespectful communicator, with a god complex. waited a very long time. staff is friendly, they looked embarrased with his poor attitude. he did not speak to the pt. but to the caregiver, he must have missed that in med training 101. he should take a communication course.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012