Ratings for Dr. Paul M. Friedman

Highly recommend Dr. Friedman to anyone with serious skin problems. He has successfully removed three cancerous moles from my face using the Mohls procedure. Two of the removals required skin grafts and not once did I experience any pain. Also, the healing process was relatively short resulting in no visible scars.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

After reading/researching online, I thought this was the dermatologist for me that would be worth my money. I was WRONG. I spent a lot of money my first time and did not see any results at all. I went to another doctor and saw results instantly. Not a very honest doctor who is just money hungry. Will not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have been Dr. Friedman’s patient for several years and I have never looked better. In fact, I just left the office for my “summer touch-up” and we looked at pictures from 2 years ago-- I look significantly younger and prettier now than back then. He has literally turned back the clock! I am always getting compliments on my radiant skin and people are always shocked when I tell them my age. (Fun fact: my new husband almost didn’t want to date me because he thought I looked too young for him and was happily surprised when I told him I was 50.) The office is beautiful and relaxing. The staff are always polite, informative, and helpful. I love that I never have that awful “done” look. At this point, I have such faith in Dr. Friedman’s artistry, I just let him know what I am able to spend and let him decide which treatments are best. I will not trust my face to anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

My daughter suffered from acne for years until we found Dr Friedman. He used a combination of lasers, topicals and oral medication to get her acne under control. The staff was consistently pleasant and Dr. Friedman always took his time to address our concerns. My teenager is finally happy again! Thank you Dr Friedman!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

I started Botox treatments with Dr. Friedman several years ago for TMJ. The treatments have been life changing for me. Prior to Botox treatments I was unable to eat hard or chewy foods, my jaw would pop out of place, and I would also get terrible headaches from all the tension I carried from clinching my teeth. The first treatment I noticed a little bit of relief immediately, but truly had relief about 4 days after the procedure. My experience in his office was pleasant, from the start to finish. Since Botox only last 3-4 months, Dr. Friedman has created a life long patient.

Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Friedman cares more about selling products and procedures than he does about delivering results. After being told I was the perfect candidate for laser surgery I purchased a package. From day one, the entire process was a disaster. The nurses/assistants he has in clinic are untrained. During every procedure the numbing cream was either not applied properly, so I actually would feel the laser on certain parts of my face, or the incorrect strength of numbing cream was used. The wait time was another issue, on each visit my average time in the office was 4 hours. The actual procedure didn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes. The little interaction with Dr. Friedman was the same each time. He would say, "Wow, your skin looks great" and then follow-up with "has anyone mentioned how good your skin looks" and finally “how are you doing on products”. By the last visit, his disingenuous was repulsing. During my visits, I did try to express my concerns with the lack of result I was seeing, however, he would brush it off. His canned response was always the same. He told me wait to until all the sessions are finished and for a few months after as results will continue to improve up to 6 months. Once again, on my last visit, I mentioned that I still had some brown spots and wanted to confirm they would disappear. He said that if I didn’t see an improvement in the brown spots to come back and he would use another type of laser to remove them. As I was leaving, the nurse came over and gave me a price sheet for the cost if I opted to come back and have the brown spots removed. I couldn’t believe it! Are you kidding me? I just spent $7,000 to get rid of brown spots and now I am being told to come back and for several hundred dollars more he will get me all fixed up.

Submitted June 15, 2015

I came there the day before my 23rd birthday and told him I was dealing with acne and scarring for over ten years. First off his punctuality was terrible and made me wait forever. The staff just seem more like robots and showed very little concern about my condition. So the doctor finally comes in and I thought I would have a very compassionate doctor who understands what I've been dealing with. He seem very uninterested and shoes no concern about what I have been dealing with. The one thing that really made me extremely frustrated was that he bombarded me with all sorts of things I needed to do or suggest that I do and I felt overwhelm... I had many questions but he couldn't give me a straight answer for any of them. He just kept giving me the go around and suggesting things that would cost me thousands of dollars at the end of the year. But again, his lack of concern and the way he bombarded me with having to do this and that made me feel like I literally wasted my time and money for a consultation that I could have gotten somewhere else.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Dr Friedman is the last in a long line of dermatologists I've visited to help me with my skin condition. As what I have is both abnormal, and in a private area, there have been many, many doctors who have been both ill-informed, and unapologetically rude about my condition. While the last few doctors I have seen have had fine bedside manner, they have not been able to successfully treat my condition. Until Dr Friedman. While I am just cautiously optimistic on my current treatment, since I've had mini successes in the past, I am confident that I have finally found my dermatologist. Dr Friedman actually seems interested in figuring out my condition, and I know that if this current treatment stops working, he has another plan that he will execute. I believe he actually cares about helping his patients. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr. Friedman and his staff met and exceeded expectations. The service was great. And, positive results were delivered.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Paul M. Friedman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Friedman completed his Undergraduate at Memphis State University with a degree in Vertebrate Zoology in 1996. He then attended Medical School at the University of Tennessee in Memphis and graduated in 1996. Dr. Friedman completed his Residency at Tisch Bellevue NY VA Medical Center at New York University, School of Medicine. In 2001, Dr. Friedman's Fellowship was completed at Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Laser Surgery as well as the Laser and Skin Center of New York in 2001.

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1996)

• H Texas Magazine Listing of Top Doctors in Houston 2006
  • Husik Prize Recipient for Best Paper by Resident for Fellow, 2000
  • Recipient of the Young Investigator's Writing Award of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
  • H Texas Magazine Listing of Top Doctors in Houston 2005