Ratings for Dr. Dori Katz

Insanity. Went for a cleaning had to go back next week and then the week after that and after that. I've been there 3 times this month alone. They just come up with issues to bill the insurance. Everyone said they were bad and everyone was right. Seems good the first time you go. DO NOT GO again.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I 'be been her patient for a year, I wish I would have done my research before going there!she is extremely rude and unprofessional!always running late!she told me that my teeth were going to fall out if I don't do Invisalign . She only cares for that cause that's the most expensive she can do!Only looking for money!Terrible staff also , they are all the time doing mistakes (???) when charging you!!!DO NOT GO THERE!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I've been so pleased with my treatment with Dr. Dori Katz. I was her husband's patient (Dr. Jeffrey Katz) for general dentistry for 5 years before having Dr. Dori address the severe crowding and overlapping of my teeth, with lower teeth collapsing inward. I've had excellent care by Dr. Jeff, who coordinates cleanings and treatment with my periodontist. I've been seeing Dr. Dori for the past year and have had amazing results in correcting my tooth alignment and bite... with 3 months of treatment remaining. Dr. Dori is attentive and very pleasant. Both dentists are patient, explain everything, answer questions before treatment. I'm occasionally a nervous patient, but treatment is painless. I've had no unpleasant surprises. Their staff, from hygienist to chair side assistants, are professional and very nice. I'm very well cared for at this office.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

DO NOT GO HERE!! Dr Dori Katz is extremely rude and she is always running late. After booking several appointments with her, i realized that this tardiness is a common thing. She gets very anxious with her assistants and this makes me really nervous. I will not be returning to this office.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Her husband is great. I felt she was rude. She commented that there was work done in my mouth that was really bad and not the way she was taught dentistry. I had seen her husband, Dr Jeff Katz, 6 months previously who made no mention of the issue, nor has any dentist ever commented about it. She was also rude to me, commenting that she could "see that I had been hiding my legs from the sun." I thought it maybe just a cultural bluntness that I didn't quite get. Then he was rude to my 16 year old daughter who dyes her hair burgundy. She happened to be wearing burgundy shoes that day. Dr Katz commented "Oh, I see your hair matched your shoes. It's a bit much, don't you think?" It unfortunate because I really like her husband as a dentist.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I can't believe what I'm reading because I had the same exact experience and came out feeling so awful!!! same thing about the antibiotic shots at $50 a pop. and that my teeth were going to fall out if I don't do invisalign. when I said " well what if I don't have $2000 for it what's plan B?" her response was "pray" her only objective was to sell me on the invisalign she was borderline rude. she wasted 1/2hr on it when she claims I have a cavity and wouldn't fill it she wanted me to come back ( new visit- more to bill...) I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I was told if I did not take the $50 per pill antibiotic that I would need to see a oral surgon to have my gums fixed. They have a terrible staff now and they only care about the all mighty dollar. When the doctor comes in to check you after the cleaning he is looking for gold in your mouth. There parking is he worst also. They need a lot of our money to pay for there large home in CT.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

After years of going here, it is now time that is comes to an end. The staff is very rude now and when they once told my family how fabulous their teeth are, they are too money hungry coming up with things like: your teeth will fall out if you don't get this antibiotic on this small section of your gum that the insurance company does not cover at $50/fake injection. When they used to push the electronic toothbrush, it then became the teeth whitening, not it is the invisible braces to perfectly straight teeth. The appointments you have scheduled for 6 months in advance fall off the calendar with no notice (happened 3x too many). It is time to say goodbye to this once great office.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I went in for a routine cleaning and was basically told that my teeth would fall out if I didn't get a deep scale cleaning of my gums and an antibiotic. After everything was said and done, I was asked to pay for the antibiotic ($300!) because insurance doesn't cover it. I was surpised when I got a bill from them in the mail for the price of the entire procedure, and another $300 for the antibiotic I already paid for; they had tried to bill my insurance company for the antibiotic after already receiving my payment for the antibiotic! My insurance company refused to pay because the procedure wasn't necessary based on what Dr. Katz had submitted to them. I had to fight with the RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL staff to get them to submit records to my insurance. Long story short, I am stuck with the balance and a terrible experience with Dr. Katz--who is not even registered with the American Dental Association. I wish I would have done my research before going to this poor excuse of a dentist.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

I rarely write reviews, but I felt compelleed to add a comment about Dr. Dori. I have been her patient for over 3 years now and have needed a lot of work. Dr. Dori explained everything to me, suggested the best treatment options and has spent all the time necessary with me. I never felt like she was rushed or dismissive, and for once dental visits with Dr. Dori did not cause me any stress. I am so happy to have found teh dentist that I like and trust. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013