Ratings for Dr. Manley W. Kilgore

Dr. Kilgore is a quack. Luckily I found out sooner than later. After having my concerns dismissed by Kilgore & getting scammed on a no-show fee (I called the office the morning of my appointment to tell them I was very sick with the flu - but they do not care - they just want the money. I finally switched to an excellent neurologist in jacksonville, & boy, what a difference! Stay away from Kilgore...you've been warned.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Staff, abrupt,verbally abusive, insurance, scheduling, biling & office manager talked to you as if you were a thorn' in their side. They charged #100 if appt cancelled or missed no matter the reason i.e. auto accident, hurricanes, unforeeable family cercumstances, other illness & even even if yyour were hospitalized for something else. Problem...it took 'days' to speak to them, sometime weeks -because they shut phones off, closed office frequently for unknown reasons, did not respond to voice mail messages, closed office early very frequently, Kilgore himself is 'frigid - insensitive, doesn't answer most questions - just looks at you. Not one of M.S. friends liked. Kilgore did spinal tap while he had 3 assistants hold me while hanging me "upside down". Kilgore said he could get a better sample that way. Stayed in hospital abt 5 days fodue to headache. Partin words to me, "there's nothing I can do for you unless you come in here crawling on the floor"..

flag | Submitted December 30, 2009

Lots of experience, knows what he's talking about. I liked that he tries to avoid surgery at all costs. And I never had to wait long.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

I fired this nuerologist after two years of poor care. He would prescribe drugs hand over fist without ever listening to my complaints. Eventually I found a superb nuerologist who actually treated my seizures (surgery that this doctor dismissed) and I am not seizure free. This nuero is a hack and has no bedside manner to top off matters. If you schedule an appointment expect to wait 2 hours after the appointment time AT LEAST before being seen.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

This doctor has the worst 'bedside' manner every. He is cold, distant, unconcerned and could care less about what you have to say. He's far from thorough, empathetic or skilled. Unless you have a bottomless insurance policy he can tap he's got no use for you nor could he care less about your wellbeing. AVOID. Find someone who actually CARES about LISTENTING TO and helping their patients

flag | Submitted December 15, 2008

In my opinion, this doctor has no bedside manners. Be careful with this doctor, he may be "OK" at what he does, but if you look his name up on the internet you will get the idea.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2007

I have had this doctor for 16 years and I would not leave him. He listens he is helpful and he cares. Sometimes he may seem a little distant that is because he is thinking. It can be a wait to see the doctor always plan on it. The truth is he is worth the wait or is PA and she is real good too.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2007

highly skilled an excellent choice in partnering physician

flag | Submitted July 14, 2006

He is wonderful!!! Rated the best neurologist in Jacksosnville for several years now.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2005

Dr. Manley W. Kilgore's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1969)

MSP/BC Med