Ratings for Dr. Laura L. Downey

I want to sincerely Thank Dr. Downey for the services she provided for me last Friday. She is extremely knowledgeable about my condition, Menieres. I feel very comfortable with the time she takes to answer my questions. I'm so very grateful that I have the best Oto in NJ! Gina M. Russomanno

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

My son's right ear has been so bad for so long. She worked long and hard to fix the hole in his ear. I love, love, love Dr Downey n

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

My hearing was very poor in one ear. Dr. Downey recommended stapedectomy which she performed. She was very confident that I would have "significant improvement" in my hearing. After the surgery, I had no improvement whatsoever. No explanation why surgery failed. Spent over $2,000 out of pocket money for CAT scan, office visits, surgeon's bill, hospital & anesthesia bill. I feel I was misdiagnosed and would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Downey is a gem. She has been my Doctor since 2005. She is kind, patient, takes her time with you, is open to suggestions,is not dismissive and genuinely tries to help.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Can't tell you much about the Doctor but the staff handling appointments don't care about the doctors patients, since my wifes ear is completely closed, she can only open her mouth half way, her face is swollen, and she is in extreme pain and the office told her no appointsments for 2 days and there is nothing we can do, call back maybe there be an cancellation.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Dr. Downey is WONDERFUL! She is extremely patient and will show a great interest in your concern. I also took my six year old son to see her and she was absolutely fantastic with him - he smiled and laughed the whole time. HIGHLY recommended for adults and children. LOVE HER.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Doctor did not perform the surgery that was discussed. Made condition worse, and had to undergo a second surgery to correct her mistakes.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Downey is an extremely caring and diligent doctor. Over the two year period I was cared for by her, she went above and beyond to try to remedy my ailments. After an extreme surgery,performed by Dr. Downey, I am not longer afflicted by the symptoms I suffered from. I am grateful to Dr. Downey and all that she did for me.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr.Downy has practically saved my life. I had a cholesteatoma growing in my ear for several years. My mother and I visited countless ENTs and no one could diagnose my ear problem properly. Finally, we were reffered to Dr.Downey. She performed three surgerys on me until the cholesteatoma was all removed. A cholesteatoma is difficult to remove all at once because if even one cell is left it will grow back. It would have continued to grow until it killed me. Dr.Downey reconstructed my eardrum as well. She is a caring and skilled doctor and i love her.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. Laura L. Downey's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in West Orange, NJ