Ratings for Dr. William T. McPeake

Simple symptoms of a much bigger problem were missed by Dr. McPeake and staff. Extremely poor experience from top to bottom. Wait times are enormous, easily upwards of 2 hours. Patients are double and triple booked. Your time with the doctor will be treated the same, as soon as you get in prepare to be hurried out.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr. McPeake did surgery on my ankle about four years ago for a tendon repair. In the beginning he comes across as strictly business which throws a lot of people off. But after seeing him several times he became very open and friendly. He did an excellent job on my ankle and you can barely see a scar. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. McPeake is extremely knowledgeable and a great surgeon. He is not warm and fuzzy, although after time, he did warm up to me and laugh at my jokes. I would take a great surgeon with a high success rate over warm and fuzzy.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Extremely rude throughout. I was injured while deployed overseas. After surgery I now have more pain than before. I was first denied physical therapy and was just told it would work itself out. After a month and it didn't I was then granted physical therapy. After only three visits I asked for more and was told "no I'm not military, I don't care, I'm done seeing you, I don't play these games" I would never recommend. So, now he made me worse off than before and I need to go find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I sincerely doubt the other reviewers comments. I have seen Dr. McPeake for an issue regarding debris lodged in my tendon after stepping on a nail. He is very knowledgeable and considerate. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for a foot and ankle specialist.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I learned a lesson...Why I didn't check the web before seeing a new Doctor I can't explain. However when i did check out Dr McPeak and read the first review I thought, "have I already written this review and forgotten it?" I will never go back to see this guy again. I would rather go to UT Veterinarian Hospital. We have been there before many times and I feel a lot more comfortable with their ability and bedside manner. I went in to see Dr McPeak with a foot problem...I assumed it was broken...He had me diagnosed without even listening to my problems or what caused it. He even questioned the care I was getting from my General Practitioner .....He told me that my foot couldn't be fixed and if it didn't heal it may have to be taken off....I left scared and concerned!!!!!! However I got a 2nd and 3rd opinion and both Drs said who told you that????We can fix it...Will not be easy but we sure will not take your foot. Sure wished I had read reviews or went to UT Vet school first...It would have caused less trauma. Oh...By the way...this guy has without a doubt the worst bedside manner I have ever seen...I probably would have had a lower opinion of his knowledge and care had I gotten to spend more time with him...maybe 1 minute the first visit...5 minutes the second.....I doubt Dale Carnegie would take him in a class. Go if you like but buyer beware. This guy scares me.....

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Mcpeake, along with his staff, are the most arrogant, rude, disrespectful, unprofessional people I have ever experienced in my life. Mcpeake has the worst bedside manner, his staff are extremely hateful and he doesn't listen to his patients. I have a broken ankle and he spent less than 2 minutes with me, and that is combined in two visits. The way he handled my foot and ankle left me in extreme pain. He has the personality of a dial tone and was a complete and total ass. I am canceling my appointment with him and going to a different orthopedic doctor with another group.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr. McPeake performed ankle fusion on my left ankle and I have had great relief from the pain I was having. I am well pleased with the results of the surgery! I actually had no pain even the day after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. McPeake.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Most arrogant. Had no idea about my foot pain. Put down internists for prescribing baby aspirin. Such misguided talk could lead to heart attack or strokes. What a joke.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Walked out during appointment with patient, terrible personality and worse condition after surgery

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Dr. William T. McPeake's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)